What is your fav breakfast?

Options
amber_ogle82
amber_ogle82 Posts: 9 Member
I need a quick easy breakfast that is healthy of course that I can make really quick before I run out the door for work:) I need some suggestions. I am getting burned out on boiled eggs:) Thanks y'all:)

Amber

Replies

• eneal113
    eneal113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I like to cook a big batch of the steel cut oats and i portion them out for breakfast in the morning. So when i wake up i heat it up and put fruit or whatever in it and im ready to go.
  • amber_ogle82
    amber_ogle82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked plain oatmeal, but I don't :( I love oatmeal with maple brown sugar:( Any other ideas:) Thanks for your help!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pancakes mix with chocolate protein powder 50/50 split, egg whites, bananas, almond milk, and cocoa powder. Mix all together.

Strawberries or blackberries cook on low and let it simmer and extract its natural sugars. If you must you can add sugar free syrup, or a dab of agave.

One of my favorite meals to make and ready in 20 minutes!
  • bhudak
    bhudak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1/3 C oats
    1/3 C water
    1/3 C egg whites
    In a large bowl microwave for 3 minutes

add a little vanilla, cinnamon and stevia and fruit of choice. Yumm!

This and a soft boiled egg keeps my workouts in high-gear.

I also have 4 cups of water and a cup of coffee.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked plain oatmeal, but I don't :( I love oatmeal with maple brown sugar:( Any other ideas:) Thanks for your help!

I don't like plain oatmeal either but I have found a way around it. I add a teaspoon of brown sugar, a serving of raisins and some cinnamon. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare. The key is to NOT use instant oatmeal.

Oatmeal is a big time breakfast power food. It super charges your metabolism and keeps your energy level up and hunger down well into lunch time.
  • linette247
    linette247 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, you can put some vanilla or cinnamon powder in your oatmeal.

I learned in Spain to eat something sweet in the morning, like a slice of bread with strawberry jelly (mermelada de fresa) or a cereal bar, i think the ideal time to eat sweet things is during the morning.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Strawberry banana protein smoothie:

1/4 of Banana
    Cup of Frozen Strawberries
    1-2tbs Protein Powder
    1/2 cup of almond milk

Optional:
    Dash of vanilla extract
    Dash of cinnamon
    Tsp of Flaxseeds
    Tsp of Chia Seeds
    Tbs of peanut butter
    1/4 cup of oats
  • loricasanas
    Options
    I like my 5 minute egg sandwich. Fry an egg, break yolk add pepper.(cheese optional) Then I toast a sandwich thin and put a jenny o fully cooked sausage patty on it, no sauce. 220 calories with no cheese!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    At the moment I love
    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/rose-petal-granola-recipe.html
    I have it with some fresh berries and yogurt
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana on toast!
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cook some bacon ahead of time and refrigerate leftovers. Then in am just reheat 2 slices bacon, scramble an egg, toast an english muffin, put it all together! It's quick and delicious, has good protein and fat, and is filling. Grand total 260 calories. Sausage or ham would work too, just have to adjust calories for serving sizes.

Night before, saute some onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, whatever you want then refrigerate. In am throw it in skillet, warm for a few minutes, throw in a couple eggs and make an omelette or scramble and make breakfast burrito. Another thing I've done before is make a bunch of breakfast burritos ahead of time, package and freeze them, then reheat in microwave for a quick tasty breakfast.

A general tip is anything you can prepare the night before and warm up in the microwave. Amazing how much it helps to do just a little planning ahead!
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is not my fave but it is so fast and good. I have been using the 'refridgerator oatmeal'. Put 1/4 c. old fashion oats, 1/4 c. milk & 1/4 c. yogurt in a 1 cup container and fill with fruit (you can add vanilla or almond extract if you'd like). Leave in fridge overnight and eat cold in the morning before rushing out.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I make a huge batch on sunday and get the in the fridge. I have 3 or 4 for breakfast

Oatmeal pancakes

6 egg whites
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Put all in blender and process until smooth. Makes about 8 pancakes, using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I second the steel cut outs! I love them plain but if you like maple syrup i would get some organic grade b maple syrup (can be found at whole foods, sprouts, sunflowers market, etc..) it's a bit pricey but it tastes delish, itsn't too sugary, and is packed full of vitamins and minerals (various concentrations depending on where the tree that it was harvested from is located and what the composition of the soil is there) or I love to add in a serving of sugar free preserves (i like seedless raspberry) it makes the oatmeal sweet without over doing it.
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Fav No.1: fat free cottage cheese, half of grated apple, 10g of raisins < 300kcal
    Fav. No. 2: cup of boiled rice + 1 teaspoon of pesto ~300kcal (I cook rice in the evening and happily eat it cold).
  • psovansky
    Options
    Weight Control Instant Oatmeal. Requires 2 mins in the microwave and thats it. My fav is the Banana Bread, but also comes in Maple & Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon. Its low in fat, really low in sugar, and low in calories, and with a cup of coffee easily fills me up till lunch time.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Red quinoa
    Red/orange bell pepeprs
    A few leaves of shredded spinach
    a pinch of cheese (your pick)
    2 egg whites and 1 Whole egg
    cook the quinoa according to directions on packaging. chop up bell peppers and cook with spinach in pan. Add eggs when veggies are starting to get tender. Scramble in pan until cooked (10 minutes or so depending on heat level) and add cheese when done!

My hubby will cook it the night before and microwave it in the morning! It reheats really well. I'm going to start trying to make veggie egg patties though and freeze them to see if I they will reheat well from frozen like the store brand frozen breakfast sandwiches.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have 2... Oatmeal with 2 poached eggs and a banana; and cottage cheese with vanilla yogurt, banana/strawberries with peanut butter granola... yummy!
  • lessthanzero
    lessthanzero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My standard breakfast is an egg white omelet. I use Best of the Egg Whites by Lucerne (120 cals per cup). I stuff the omelet with an array of vegetables (peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, squash) and occasionally thin slices of ham. The omelet cooks quickly in a non-stick pan, and the vegetable medley can be prepped days before.