Carbs-NOOO!!!

Options
I have been on MFP before but back at it as of yesterday. I am looking for more foods that are not so high in carbs because it is so easy to grab a bar or something when hungry but I do know that alot of carbs can prevent weight loss. What are some snacks I can reach for when hungry that are not so high in carbs but also healthy of couse?

Replies

• lmeola18
    Options
    I love snacking on hard boiled eggs! Delicious and full of protein, plus one egg is about 70 calories. And if you just eat the white it's less than 20
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, there are some low carb yogurts that are really good. There are also low carb tortillas and you can put a little butter and some stevia and cinnamon on it and it tastes great.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I may just have to try me some boiled eggs. I see alot of people eating them here at work in the morning for breakfast. Thanks for that :)
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I like how that sounds :)
  • smallsadsam
    smallsadsam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like cheese and turkey pepperettes (Kind of like pepperoni sticks but made with turkey!)
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP before but back at it as of yesterday. I am looking for more foods that are not so high in carbs because it is so easy to grab a bar or something when hungry but I do know that alot of carbs can prevent weight loss. What are some snacks I can reach for when hungry that are not so high in carbs but also healthy of couse?

High carb nutrition plans do not prevent weight loss. If that was the case then Vegans would be very overweight. Eating "bad carbs" in the form of junk food etc will prevent you from losing weight. Carrots, apples, bananas, cucumbers, tons of different veggies that are portable and will be great for snacks. I personally eat a fuji apple and dip in peanut butter as a snack almost every day.

Boiled eggs as others have stated are good snacks as well.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I also tend to grab high carb snacks! In trying to change that I've turned to nuts (mostly peanuts or almonds), string cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, avocados. I've also seen that beef jerky has low carbs/fat and high protein.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Anything with protein will be a filling snack, and have virtually no carbs. Eggs, beef jerky, etc.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    so who told you carbs were bad? my macros are set to 40% carb, so I'm eating OVER 200 grams a day, and loosing just fine!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    High carbs don't prevent weightloss. Too many or too little calories prevent weightloss.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Nuts, veggies with hummus, serving of cheese and plain fat free greek yogurt with fruit or peanut butter added. I don't buy the flavored greek yogurts because I find they have unnecessary added sugars.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cheese, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, nuts, sugar free jello cups, cheese and deli meat roll-ups, dill pickles, slim jims, etc.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    Options
    Also, no not all carbs are bad. Just the crappy junky over processed ones.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I may just have to try me some boiled eggs. I see alot of people eating them here at work in the morning for breakfast. Thanks for that :)

photo.jpg
  • chickie11
    chickie11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im on low carb...oikos Plain greek yogurt with a splenda and cinnamon and a few slivered almonds! yum! Nature Valley has a bar out there called "Protein" it is lower than the others in carbs but packed with protein and keeps you really full! I use nuts as well :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    Options
    Im on low carb...oikos Plain greek yogurt with a splenda and cinnamon and a few slivered almonds! yum! Nature Valley has a bar out there called "Protein" it is lower than the others in carbs but packed with protein and keeps you really full! I use nuts as well :)

Okay, never tried that! YUM!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Just because she's looking for foods that are lower in carbohydrates doesn't mean she's looking to be on a "low-carb diet". Jeez, seriously people. Some people are just looking for a better balance in macronutrient ratios, it doesn't mean they're looking for a fad diet.

The three big macros are fat, protein and carbs - So if you're replacing carbs, you'll probably be replacing it with protein and (hopefully healthy) fat sources. This means more meat, perhaps a bit more dairy (though dairy is easy to overdo), nuts, eggs, yogurt. I'm a big fan of beef jerky for a quick snack :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My taste buds reject things that taste even remotely healthy, so my go to low carb snacks are slim jims, cheese, green olives, and pickles.
  • worthliving4
    worthliving4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Excellent snacks are:
    ezekiel bread with almond butter
    Oh Yeah protein bars
    protein shakes
    hard boiled eggs
    green tea (hot fluids keep you feeling full)
    fage plain greek yogurt with almonds, honey and/or blueberries
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    nuts (almonds are great)
    beef jerky (protein punch)
    yoghurt (greek for most protein)

if you do reach for carbs make sure its not processed with added sugar and crap; make sure its full of fiber and whole grain!