Is it too good to last?

Options
I've been on mfp for 10 days, i've lost 8 lbs. Is it normal to start out loosing that fast? Is it healthy? Anyone else who has lost at about the same rate, did you keep loosing that fast? I hope I do but at the same time I also know that it could causes problems.

Replies

• dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well everyone is different, I know the first 30-40 lbs. I lost seemed to just fall off I couldn't believe it. Then I hit a plateau and have stayed there for months now, I've always heard losing the first half is easy, the last half is way hard. I think as long as you keep logging your food and exercising, making the right food choices and drinking lots of water you should be fine. Good luck!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    It is normal. when you start eating better and exercising more your body will let go of all the excess fluid you are retaining, and that fluid weighs alot, 8 pounds a gallon or so... As your body gets used to the new lifestyle things will slow down and stabilize to a more reasonable amount.

Keep up the good work!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    When i started WW last June I lost 9 pounds in one week! I lost 4 the next week. Then I was down to 1.5-2.5 losses per week. Hope that helps :) That was with very moderate walking and outdoor cylcling (with family).