5'7 ladies with a little to lose...what are your cals?

Options
Im just wondering how much my other 5'7 ladies with a little to lose are . I exersise 2 to 3 times a week for about 30 min.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is custom set at 1500 (BMR) and I also eat my calories back. Average about 2000 consumed, 1650 net and lose about 1 pound per month. I'm not in any rush to lose the rest, just want to keep buidling my healthier eating activity habits so I'll be comfortable when I get to goal.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My cals are set at 1480. I want to lose another 10-15 lbs. Right now I'm doing zumba, yoga and 30 day shred 6 days a week.
  • selzam2
    Options
    I'm currently 123lbs and working not so much to lose (though I do hope to shed 2-3 more pounds and hit 120) as to "reconfigure" my body. My calories are set at 1,400 (sedentary) although I adjust on days that I do find time to exercise, whether cardio or strength training. I'm losing about .25-.5lbs per week this way. Recently though I am much less about the scale and much more for the tape measure/mirror.
  • CaralynH
    Options
    My cals are set at 1290 (MFP calculated, not self-set) which seems about OK. As in, if I eat healthily and don't snack or have too much wine, it's easy to stick to. If I revert to the old ways, it's hard! At the moment I'm not doing that well since I've had a week's holiday involving 3 7-8hr days rock climbing/mountaineering, MFP states well over 2000 cals extra burned per day, I maybe ate 2200 cals total per day, yet STILL gained 2lb while away! And then father in law took us out to dinner the other day.
    Ho hum, will just have to be extra good this week!
  • ElizaDnl
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 152 lb, aiming to lose about 20 lb. My calories are set at 1700, which is about 20% off my TDEE (I'm moderately active), and roughly my TDEE at sedentary. I don't eat exercise calories back, obviously, since they make up my deficit. It's a small deficit, so I'm losing about 1/2 lb per week, but it works well for me.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds total and am 5'7", maintaining at 145 pounds and wearing a size 6 or 8 (US).

Started at 1200 and STARVED.

Upped it to a 0.5 lb/week loss at 1400 calories and change and lost the most weight in this zone, losing 0.5-1 lb week.

I now maintain at 1700 and change, before exercise calories (which I do eat some or all of).
  • bsuzanne88
    bsuzanne88 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5'5 or 5'6 and am supposed to consume 1200 calories a day. Some days this is so easy and other days it is not. I would say I average 1300 calories a day. I also allow myself a night to dine where ever I please. I always bring my breakfast and lunch to work to save money and of course calories. I just started the 30 day shred (I already did this back in March for 14 days and the warmer weather got the best of me so I stopped) to prepare for a cruise the first week of November. I currently weigh 130-133 and am just trying to tone my body. I really don't think I can lose any more weight and am fine with that. I just want to feel more confident.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight anymore but my target (net) is about 1500
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 2 stone I'm haveing 1200 a day iv lost 11lb in 2 weeks walking every moneing and nightif weathers good for 30 mins or more and cleaning most of the day and cheat days on the weekend haha x