21 y/o F, 200lbs to lose, looking for friends/support!

Options
Hey lovelies,
I'm Lissa and I'm a 21 year old Canadian. After years of terrible eating habits, yo yo dieting and worst, eating disorders, I am looking to get healthier and lose this weight for good. I was a chubby child but gained a ton of weight during puberty due to my PCOS (and bad eating habits). I spent most of my life being a super busy overachiever and was incredibly active, despite my weight. I was so busy that I ended up in a pattern of only eating 1x daily (late evening) and going 6-16 hours or full days without food. I'm now focusing on eating 3x daily and actually eating more then 1200 calories daily. I started my journey on Aug 1, 2012 and have lost 20lbs but have plateaued for the last 3 weeks or so cause I'm either not eating enough or too much! The PCOS makes dealing with weight really difficult as well.

I have about 200lbs to lose altogether but I'm under pressure to lose 100lbs ASAP. I've been diagnosed with a rare neurological disease and I need to have major brain surgery; however, it's near impossible and too dangerous to perform the surgery at my current weight. I've been placed on a list to have gastric bypass, but even as a priority patient, I won't have it until early next year. I'd like to lose as much on my own as possible and even avoid weight loss surgery. My symptoms from my disease mean I am chronically fatigued, in pain and suffering from a variety of neurological problems - aka, hard to exercise and now I am fairly sedentary.

Hoping to meet friends who have a lot to lose, possibly have PCOS or other chronic illness and willing to give mutual support!
If you read this novel, I really appreciate it. Wishing everyone health, happiness and weight loss!
Lissa

Replies

• chadda85
    Options
    I'll try to help if you won't???
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is a friend of mine, he has already lost 275! I know he won't mind being your friend on here, and or facebook!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Kevinthemissionary1
  • JustMenMyHair ;o) In the process of shedding 85 lbs & getting back to a healthily & more active me! Add me if you like.
    Twitter: Justmemyhair

Welcome & Good luck all, we all can do this!
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i also have pcos and fid it hard to lose the weight but its coming off slowly so i suppose ay loss is an acheivement
  • bkwhit1964
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you like, I have lost 58lbs total since April and normally on here just about everyday.
  • Hi there! I understand where you are coming from! Keep trying , don't give up on yourself! You can do this! Just believe in your self! i will gladly support you and be your friend if you would like!:happy:
  • jonnajustine
    jonnajustine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me :) I need to loose 80-100 so we can change our lifestyles together! :smile:
  • Kho1874
    Kho1874 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose 100 pounds (40 down), feel free to add me!! We can do this!!
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in your journey to lose weight. It's tough, and at times you have to dig really really deep to keep with it, believe me, we've all been there. But the best thing about this site, is just that. We've all been there. We've all struggled, all had successes, all had failures, all fallen off the bandwagon. But the important thing is that you stick with it, and never be afraid to turn to people on this site for advice or help. This is an amazing support system, better than I ever anticipated it to be. Feel free to add me (and that goes to anyone) I'm needing to lose around 100lbs or so. I'll be the best support for you that I know how to be. Good luck sweetie! :)
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just hit my "200 lbs lost" bench mark! I'm 23 and would love to help. :)