Sometimes it blows my mind...

How much more food I can eat when I'm eating right!

I just made some lunch...shredded 6.5 oz of chicken, tossed it in a skillet to cook with some spices, mixed in 3/4 cup jasmine rice, added some taco sauce, and rolled in up in 2 whole wheat tortillas. Freaking amazing, and I could barely finish all that food! So, for ~450 calories, I am STUFFED on all that chicken, and won't be hungry in 2 hours like I would be if I had eaten 450 calories of junk!

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I know what you mean! Our bodies just love nutrition! :drinker:
  • cbellanger
    cbellanger Posts: 25 Member
    I love this! I totally agree taht you can eat enormous amounts of food and still lose weight and be healthy. Just takes some planning and some thought. BTW, you are making me super hungry, lol!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    I was just talking aout that with my skinny husband last night. It's amazing how much more food you can get for so many less calories and actually be full!
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Its amazing to me how much a pile of good calorie food looks next to a pile of bad of equal calories. HUGE pile vs itty bitty pile. I am never able to eat my whole pile of good, and wont even scratch the surface of exercise calories. Eating healthy and clean is so filling. nom nom nom :)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Its amazing to me how much a pile of good calorie food looks next to a pile of bad of equal calories. HUGE pile vs itty bitty pile. I am never able to eat my whole pile of good, and wont even scratch the surface of exercise calories. Eating healthy and clean is so filling. nom nom nom :)
    Thumbs up!
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    I was thinking that as I made my dinner last night -- it looked like 2 servings (and it was -- saving the 2nd serving for today), and it was still under 300 calories for it (it was veggies with grounded turkey and eggs, yum!!)
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Absolutely! :smile:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I know what you mean! Our bodies just love nutrition! :drinker:

cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Mindblown.gif
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    How much more food I can eat when I'm eating right!

I just made some lunch...shredded 6.5 oz of chicken, tossed it in a skillet to cook with some spices, mixed in 3/4 cup jasmine rice, added some taco sauce, and rolled in up in 2 whole wheat tortillas. Freaking amazing, and I could barely finish all that food! So, for ~450 calories, I am STUFFED on all that chicken, and won't be hungry in 2 hours like I would be if I had eaten 450 calories of junk!

I love eating healthy. Once you get used to it there is no desire for the fast food. I just drive right on by. Can't wait to get home and get my own food. I pack it in an ice chest if I need to be out and about. So much less expensive as well.
  • Agreed!
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Ahahaha! This whole feed just cracked me up!! And I agree with all of it!! lol! Cheers to eating healthy! :drinker:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    So true. I look at my diary and the list of things I eat a day is HUGE and is still under calories.

OR I could eat one piece of carrot cake from Cheesecake Factory for 1510 and be over for the day by 200! :laugh:
  • How much more food I can eat when I'm eating right!

I love eating healthy. Once you get used to it there is no desire for the fast food. I just drive right on by. Can't wait to get home and get my own food. I pack it in an ice chest if I need to be out and about. So much less expensive as well.

That is a really good idea. I never thought about that. But I will do it from now on.