What Are You Cutting Back?

Options
2»

Replies

• LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my doctor told me to cut out nuts, and i am personally cutting down on restaurants.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Calories of course and sodium. Way too much sodium in so many foods. Feeling great too without so much in my diet.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

She was/is my wellness coach ( I don't see her too much these days because of finances). The main area where I gain weight is my mid section so she said sugar is the cause of the weight gain. I think I eat fairly well and not a junk eater, except for the occasional candy now and then.

Just being blunt, I would fire her.
  • rowland513
    Options
    I have a real strict diet. No pop,sugar or fried food. No red meat and very little fish or chicken. Unfortunately my weight gain comes from the large amounts of vodka, wine and beer. So, that being said im making a huge effort to STOP drinking excessively.
  • Krissyjean72
    Options
    Am cutting calories, processed foods, processed sugars and upping protein/lowering carbs. Upping the amount of fresh fruit and vegetables is good whilst lowering anything sugar, sweetener or processed basedis an excellent way to respect the body. Eating fresh food leaves you feeling fuller for longer and stops cravings.
  • Krissyjean72
    Options
    Try searching Google for the recent articles on midriff weight gain. Apparently if weight is going on primarily in the stomach area, it is attributed to stress?
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Calories (obviously), and I'm focusing on sodium and not eating out so much.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Try searching Google for the recent articles on midriff weight gain. Apparently if weight is going on primarily in the stomach area, it is attributed to stress?
    Genetics>stress
  • sandra152
    Options
    Not had any Chocolate, cake sweets,or wine since my Birthday in June Lost nearly 1 stone cant seem to shift the last 2 1b:yawn: :yawn:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sidesteel. I would fire her and find a nutritionist. My nutritionist says that sugar is just a simple carb and that it's fine in moderation. Calories are a measurement for how much energy we put in our body. Sugar, itself, is pure energy. So don't put more energy into your body than necessary. Too much food and not moving enough will cause the body to store fat. Haven't you ever seen skinny people wolf down a cookie with a pop or sugary latte, yet they don't gain weight? They burn it off. That's why.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    calories, crap carbs and crap sugar, but then I'm newly discovered diabetic so that isn't so surprising. I'm "trying" to watch my sodium, but so far that hasn't panned out so well. I blame circumstance...and, um...that guy over there! *points*
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    wine,, i am a wino,,, sigh................
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Alcohol..... used to have Red wine almost every night, but had to cut way back because it's so dehydrating. Now I indulge in a glass once or twice a week at most, and feel much better.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options

*waving hand* Me too. No booze for the last 3 weeks which is something of a record round these parts.........
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    cutting back on dairy products and carbs
    cheese, milk, pasta, bread...
    yes I know its good to have some of it in your diet. BUt i could literally eat melted cheese n noodles for every meal. no good.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

*waving hand* Me too. No booze for the last 3 weeks which is something of a record round these parts.........

You are not alone, but it was beer / cider for me. Currently on the Sober September challenge & going fine
  • cashcw
    Options
    NO FAST FOOD. Packing lunches for work. Helps the wallet and the waist line.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Calories, sodium, and negative thinking! :drinker:

Smart answer!