eggs? no thanks

Options
I've noticed that the older I get, the more I hate eating eggs.. I like dipping bread in the yolk but since thats not an option and I definitely cant eat a fried egg on a bagel lol

I need breakfast ideas that are low carb and high in protein.. I like turkey bacon but am really not enjoying the texture of the eggs no matter which way I cook it!

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to mean "breakfast food".

Cook up some extra chicken breast (or other lean meat, or meat alternative) the next time you are making dinner and save it for eating in the morning for breakfast.

Instead of a bagel, cook some oatmeal, barley or brown rice the night before and reheat it in the morning.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt is about 20g pro per cup. Buy a good whey pro powder and make smoothies with almond milk and frozen berries. Nuts are great for protein and one of my favorite breakfasts is low fat ricotta cheese with cinnamon, walnuts and blueberries.
  • vickieblair
    vickieblair Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I typically have egg beaters, but just 1/3 cup. I sautee peppers, onions and mushrooms, which far outweigh the egg, so I probably could go without the egg all togeher. But as stated above, don't need to have "breakfast food" A couple days ago I had 4 oz of left over grilled samon for breakfast.