what's your favorite gluten/dairy free product

Options
Me? Udis gluten free millet chia bread. Second is hotdog and hamburger buns, also udis brand. I haven't found any other brands that hold a candle to udis yet.

What's your favorite must have product?

Replies

• DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    I really need to hear all this. I'm lactose intolerant and going to a gastroenterologist soon, probably to find out I have a gluten intolerance as well.
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hummus! I am obsessed with it. :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    For lunches and such when I do not plan well, I like Amy's mac n cheese that is dairy, gluten, and soy free. Some times you just need a comfort food. Udis is good too but I really love the muffins.

The other two things that I must must have in the cupboard at all times is the Pamelas almond flour and Mamas almond flour. Yes they are both almond flours but they have different textures and taste.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For Snacks - Nuts in natural form (unprocessed)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • spangey13
    Options
    Steak

Like!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, meat, nuts, rice...
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    steak is at the top of my list for food too and second...deviled eggs! mmm...

BUT, you didn't say food, you said "product" which means you want to know about something convenient. My favorite product would have to be rice cakes WITH peanut butter, but the coconut milk ice cream is pretty delightful too.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Quinoa noodles... Udi's for bread Then of course steak, deviled eggs, fruit and veggies ... it's all good!!
    However I don't stick to a strict gluten free diet... have just a mild intolerance thankfully!!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Pretty much any fruit or vegetable. My fave grains for breakfast are amaranth, buckwheat groats, gluten free steel cut oats, and millet. I make a hot cereal with this mixture almost everyday with added fruit and cinnamon.

Oh, and I adore South River brand miso, the adzuki bean is gluten and soy free.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    steak is at the top of my list for food too and second...deviled eggs! mmm...

BUT, you didn't say food, you said "product" which means you want to know about something convenient. My favorite product would have to be rice cakes WITH peanut butter, but the coconut milk ice cream is pretty delightful too.

How does product = convenient? And how is steak inconvenient?

Fine, my favorite gluten free "product" is gasoline.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Quinoa crackers, but I have no idea what the brand is. And rice Chex. And that's it. I really don't eat any other gluten free "products".
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    Flax milk (unsweetened). I LOVE it. It's yummy and good for you with 1200 mg of omega 3
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a grilled lamb chop or T-bone. Just typing that made my mouth water like it used to when I was 14 and opening a cherry or green apple Jolly Rancher candy.
  • icreate
    Options
    steak the best
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Yes I was getting at products - things that help you stay GF/DF when the rest of the world revolves around wheat and cheese. I've been known to carry a bun with me to restaurants, lol! Especially when on a road trip. Only so many times the family will stop at subway and taco bell before they start begging for a burger.

For dinners, I LOVE the fact that being gluten and dairy free helps steer me toward preparing cleaner meals. Instead of digging in the freezer section at the grocery, I hit the fresh meats. Instead of buying pre-packaged sides, I lean toward fresh and frozen vegetables.

Oh other products: Corn starch and GF flour. Can't live without those either!
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    dairy free: Barry's Bakery French Twists
    gluten free: Larabars + Think Thin bars = perfect in a crunch! Blue Diamond Pecan Nut Thins and hummus is divine!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Gluten Free Rolled Oats -- I love my morning oatmeal.
  • WifeofBryan
    WifeofBryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BETTER BATTER GLUTEN FREE BAKING MIXES ARE THE BOMB!