I love living in SE Texas...

Options

Replies

• blamse
    blamse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I live in Plano and had bad allergies when I first got here over 20 years ago. The good news, even though I can't answer why, is they went away altogether for some reason about 10 years ago. I hope the same thing somehow happens to you other TX allergy sufferers.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm in SE Texas as well and I just got over mine - unfortunately there's a cold AND a stomach bug going around. Hopefully you don't get the latter.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston and my allergies have been horrible for the past 2 weeks. We need a cold front!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Moving from UK to Texas :) any advice?
    I imagine it will be a pretty big culture shock for you, but on the other hand, most guys will ove your accent, so you will do just fine.

where in TX are you moving to?
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Would you people please hurry up and secede from the union? You're an embarrassment to the rest of us. Wouldn't get caught dead or alive in Texas.
    Awww. Is it our guns, the fact that we BBQ all the meat we can, or our accents?
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Stock up on allergy meds and sunscreen haha. :grumble: Just kiidding

Go ahead and sell your winter coats too.

Born and raised in Austin and thankfully have been spared most of it. Ragweed does get me a little bit when it is really high (like now), but the only thing that really gets me is the oak pollen in the spring.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yep, gotta love Texas!! My allergies are kicking my rear!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Born and raised in Austin and thankfully have been spared most of it. Ragweed does get me a little bit when it is really high (like now), but the only thing that really gets me is the oak pollen in the spring.

Don't get rid of that winter coat if you are moving to North Texas!! We have had snow the past two years. _freddo.gif
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm in SE Texas as well :D... I've never lived anywhere else so I guess I love it here it's all I know.
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    They say the only things that come from Texas are...

:heart:
  • mamakira
    Options

OK, that would mean I had an empty wardrobe, how cool!:glasses: I just took out my padded leatherjacket this weekend.
    I want to come visit Texas one day.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Would you people please hurry up and secede from the union? You're an embarrassment to the rest of us. Wouldn't get caught dead or alive in Texas.

Well bless your heart!
    You should come visit and let one of our Texans take you snipe huntin'!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Awww. Is it our guns, the fact that we BBQ all the meat we can, or our accents?

Is that the damn bbq hater again? oh and that reminds me, i need to pull my gun rack off my pick up and clean em up real nice and shine em up too!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    P.S. North Texas.
    Arlington to be exact!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You should date Moofey2....you share a common love of posting multiple thread topics.

I've posted 2 today...I can't be held accountable for a thread that died over 10 days ago getting bumped...

and that is not an invitation for someone to bump all the stupid topics I've started...

Sorry, saw it Patti's feed and had to chime in as well... :happy:
    I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could ;-)

I hear that!

But yes, my allergies have been kicking my butt for that past 2 weeks... It's horrible! I blame Oklahoma (there was no way in hell I was going to be an Aggie) for my allergies, because I never had them until I went to school there and moved from Lubbock. And I'm in the DFW area as well.
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Laredo TX! :D sadly i moved to WA a while ago, love it! but not the same :(
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    It's horrible! I blame Oklahoma
    That's brilliant! Our allergies are bad because Oklahoma blows so the pollen and ragweed come here. Oh...wait, it's A&M sucks and Oklahoma swallows, not blows. Oh well. (sorry, got off track thinking of college football)

Bonnie will have a come back for me, I'm sure.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! Our allergies are bad because Oklahoma blows so the pollen and ragweed come here. Oh...wait, it's A&M sucks and Oklahoma swallows, not blows. Oh well. (sorry, got off track thinking of college football)

No no Patti.....Oklahoma's allergy season is so bad because Kansas blows and Texas Sucks!

(love you anyway you poor misguided Texan) (Bless your heart!)
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    No no Patti.....Oklahoma's allergy season is so bad because Kansas blows and Texas Sucks!
    Whatever. Meet me at the Red River Shoot Out. Boom and I may be packing heat.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

Tech Tard or Bonghorn?