Hungry Every Hour or So

Options
I eat loads of fruits and veggies, but also a decent amount of whole grains. Should I be hungry almost EVERY hour?

Replies

• Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Has this been an ongoing thing or just recent?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Focus on adding more protein. Protein digests slower than carbs, keeping you full longer.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm ALWAYS hungry and I eat a good mix of carbs, fat, and protein (45/30/25) at every meal, yet I can't seem to get full.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Protein satiates. It also makes us infinitely stronger and more aesthetic.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Focus on adding more protein. Protein digests slower than carbs, keeping you full longer.

^^^^AND WATER!! I notice the more water I drink, the less I am hungry...well, all except for that TIME every certain month!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Fat makes you full and is slowest to digest. Protein is slower than carbs. Carbs are for quick energy.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I started weight training. If I don't eat at least a small snack every two-three hours I'm STARVING. I account it to more muscle = higher metabolism.

I kind of like this problem- I eat constantly, but don't gain :happy:
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I fell you! I eat and then an hour and half later, I'm hungry! I try to account for it by eating smaller meals I probably eat about 4 200 calorie meals throughout the day and then a larger dinner (400 calories) Then maybe another snack depending on if I worked out or not.
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I eat and then an hour and half later, I'm hungry! I try to account for it by eating smaller meals I probably eat about 4 200 calorie meals throughout the day and then a larger dinner (400 calories) Then maybe another snack depending on if I worked out or not.

edit: for some reason it posted twice! Sorry!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of fruits and veggies, but also a decent amount of whole grains. Should I be hungry almost EVERY hour?
    Are you sure it's hunger? One day about five years ago, I started getting really growly, so I ate something, and then found the hunger pains returning just about every hour. I had to keep eating every hour and would even have to get up at night to eat because it was getting more and more painful. After a few days of this I knew that it couldn't be hunger; turned out it's an ulcer.
  • ChinkyButt
    ChinkyButt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat a good amount of protein too. Lots of steak and chicken this week alone...and I love FAT! I am still losing weight, but I wasn't sure if it was normal.
  • FireFae
    Options
    I don't know how normal it is as I have no knowledge or education in the field of nutrition, but I get like that too - especially lately!!! I ate a pretty big dinner with lots of protein, fats and just a little bit of carbs and two hours later I'm ravenous again ... :grumble: I'm not really looking to lose weight, so that's good, but I sure don't want to gain any! :noway: Maybe it's a seasonal thing? We are getting ready for hibernation so we 'stock up'? :laugh: I don't know what else it could be, lol. I sure hope both of us don't have an ulcer ... that would suck. :frown:
  • ChinkyButt
    ChinkyButt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ha! Hibernation mode, huh? I guess I never really tracked my food so I never paid attention to how much I used to eat versus how much the MFP Me eats.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started going to the gym. handful of almonds or hard boiled eggs are the best for curbing hunger. Basicaly as others have said Protein.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Fat makes you full and is slowest to digest. Protein is slower than carbs. Carbs are for quick energy.

Nope. Protein stays in the stomach longer than fat. Protein has the highest satiety value of the macros.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't know how normal it is as I have no knowledge or education in the field of nutrition, but I get like that too - especially lately!!! I ate a pretty big dinner with lots of protein, fats and just a little bit of carbs and two hours later I'm ravenous again ... :grumble: I'm not really looking to lose weight, so that's good, but I sure don't want to gain any! :noway: Maybe it's a seasonal thing? We are getting ready for hibernation so we 'stock up'? :laugh: I don't know what else it could be, lol. I sure hope both of us don't have an ulcer ... that would suck. :frown:

Your overuse of emoticons make your post difficult to read.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Cut the grains and up the fat and you won't be hungry any more.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Lean protein kills any hunger pains for me... especially hard boiled eggs or tuna.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont understand- you left out the part about protein so - incomplete data
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Let's see that diary...