BABY FEVER!? WTH!?

Options
13»

Replies

• sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Oh, kids are all fun, and cute, and give you hugs, and absolutely love you and everything you do, and say weird things that make you crack up... and then they get angry, and scream for 20 minutes straight because they "aren't tired"/ need their soother/ you gave them peas (which they love) today but wanted corn, and NO you can not pawn them off on someone else because they are YOUR responsibility. HA. HA. HA!

I :heart: being an aunt
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of four and love them to bits. My advice . . .

Enjoy your childhood while you can.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Take a few years to enjoy time with just your husband...I knew my hubby for a long time, but I got pregnant 2 weeks after we decided to date...I wish we would of had that time.

I've have 2 children, my son is 13, he is a moody teenager who thinks he's entitled to everything. My daughter is almost 6, she was born with a birth defect that required 2 major surgeries. The last 5 years have been very stressful.

Would I do it all over again? absolutely...not even a question in my mind...they are the loves of my life.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Take some time to be a couple. . .and then start with the babies. I had 2 and inherited 3 more when I married my hubby. A houseful, for sure. But, the urge to have (or adopt in our case) a baby still strikes from time to time. Then I remember how much I like to sleep and the idea goes away!! LOL

Be young. Have fun. Then be ready to devote yourself to decades of parenting! You'll be great.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Imagine 2 years of never feeling rested and being on duty 24/7.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING greater than the love you have for a child. And when you hold that tiny little baby in your arms for the first time, you are hopelessly in love for the rest of your life.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Why cure what's normal? You never know what life is going to throw at you.

If you have a good relationship and you can afford it, then enjoy.....................................
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    lol. I had my first a few months after my 19th birthday and my second a few months before my 20th (they're 15 months apart) because of baby fever. And I want more. My youngest will be 3 in December and I've had baby fever since he was one (when I had my second miscarriage). My husband got a vasectomy because he doesn't want anymore and it's killing me. If there's a cure for baby fever nobody's ever told me. And I've been through natural birth, cosleeping, breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, teething, potty training, never going to the bathroom by myself, endless "well-child" appointments, constantly being worried about SIDS, having to stop 10 minutes into "alone time" with my husband because a kid is screaming, terrible 2s (and 3s!), projectile vomiting, explosive diarrhea, etc... doesn't matter, I still want more.

Oops fixed a typo.
  • m_shuman
    Options
    I will give you my advice. The best thing we ever did was wait. I had my first at 29 DH was 32 and my second at 33 DH was 36. We waited because we wanted to be in the financial position where I could stay home if I wanted to. I was an AVP at a very large bank and did not think I would want to give up my career. But, after I had my first baby I wanted to stay home and I was so thankful we waited. We also had plenty of time just the two of us nearly 8 years together without babies. That was also one of the best things you can do. Not only are kids expensive but they will totally change the dynamics in your relationship with your husband. Your hubby will no longer look at you as his sexy wife but as the mother of his children.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    If you get pregnant, you get the great joys of throwing up frequently, putting on weight that may not come off easily, being hormonal, going through the pain of childbirth, feeling insecure about your stretch marks, not having money to take a romantic vacation with your husband, not having the luxury of having a spontaneous free evening with your husband, not getting sleep at night, stressing out about whether if you say this or do that it will ruin your kid for life, listening to crying/prattling/nonsense all the time instead of having adult conversations, not getting to stay out late and party with your friends, and, at your age, developing an entire life around your children before you get to figure out what other dreams you want to accomplish. If you still want babies after really thinking about all of that, then I guess you should go for it (but seriously, after school. Can you imagine getting up at 2am the night before a really important final, or not getting to go to a party because you have to go home to a baby?), but it makes me never, ever want them.
  • editress
    editress Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lay,

You want to be a Criminal/Forensic Psychologist specializing with serial killers and career criminals. That is so fascinating and you should persue your dream. You are young and have many years to start a family. I was never born with the baby gene, rather have a dog or cat, but have many friends who do hav children. The first years till school is spent with the children. You don't know how many of my friends craved adult conversation. One friend use to chase the mai man down the road to talk. So if you crave education do that first then have you children.

I don't believe as one poster said that "motherhood is a privilege that many people can't have " I think it's opposite. There are too many people having children without thinking about it. Read a book called "I am okay, you a brat." http://www.amazon.com/Okay-Youre-Brat-Priorities-Parenthood/dp/1580632025
    It is for couple who are thinking about having kids and tells a realistic view of the life changes and emotional difficulties having children. It is a good read for people who have kids too.
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I have baby fever too! People tell me it's because I feel so secure in my now very good relaltionship with my boyfriend. We have been together since Nov 2010. I am 25 and he is 41. He has been wanting kids since he was 25 so I am the one saying "wait". I have it bad but I want to have my dream wedding at a healthy weight before I become a Mommy. I also want us to go through more counseling and learn how to handle money better before we are overwhelmed taking care of kids. I know we will have to be a great team to raise them really well. So our "plan" is to get married next summer and start having kids right after that. That gives us a little time to just be us, to get our lives a little more "together", and to plan more. But it also doesn't make him wait too long as I am considerate of the fact that he is 41. There are days where we both want kids so bad I almost give in, but then I remind myself that I want to be a really good mommy, and that if I had to wait a lot longer for him than I expected then I can wait for my kids. The best things come to those who wait. All this waiting will help us get through the hard times because we will always know how bad we wanted these kids.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I got married at 19, had my first baby at 21. I went through nursing school with 2 young children. It was so hard! I see you're in college. I say, get through college and get into your career, first. I have three kids, now. My youngest is about to turn 9 months old, still doesn't sleep worth a crap! BUT, they are so worth it. Take your time, enjoy your relationship with your hubby, because kids change EVERYTHING! Live a little, first! ;)

Agree 100%. Babies are wonderful, when you are ready for them. You are at an age that I think our bodies automatically start feeling the need to reproduce. Probably for the whole 'survival of the species' theory. Dunno why, but I did the same thing around that age. I had this overwhelming need to have a baby. Fortunately for me it didn't happen til 25 when I was much more prepared. My daughter just had a baby, and while she was pregnant I started really wanting another baby. at 49 it aint gonna happen, but I was surprised at how strong that urge was. A cute lap dog and even cuter grandbaby fill the void for me now!

Enjoy your hubby. Finish college and get your career stable first. Do anything now you want to do that will be too hard to do when you have kids. Now is the time to be selfish, cuz you can't be once you have kids. Then when the time comes, love them with everything you got!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Your hubby will no longer look at you as his sexy wife but as the mother of his children.

Fortunately that isn't true for all. My hubby still looks at me as his sexy wife as well as the mother of his children!
  • hilltopsarah
    Options
    Hey if you really want to have a baby there is nothing wrong withthat. talk to your husband about it, Im sure he will understand how this would mean a lot to you:happy:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Come on over. I have 2 year old twins and a 7 year old son- all boys and they can cure you in a second.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    Options
    Your hubby will no longer look at you as his sexy wife but as the mother of his children.

Sad, sad life there.