A Work in Progess: 37 Pounds Lost

Options
Last month, I posted my 30 pounds-lost photos, so some of these are familiar for those who read my post. However, on June 27, my starting weight was 234. Currently, I am 197.8 (yay!). I still have a LONG weigh to go. >.< However, I take progress pics once a month and compare. So far, I am lovin' what I'm seeing!

37Pounds.png

This is what Zumba, Wii Fit and Sports Resort, walking, and jogging does. If I can figure out why my one knee goes wonky, I want to work on 30DS. The first day I did it, my knee hurt SO BADLY I haven't gone back. :( I also need to start adding in weight training. I'm starting to get that loose, pillowy-skin thing going on. :( *Sigh*

My SO is also teaching me tae kwon do (he was a certified instructor), and I plan on incorporating Tae Bo back into my exercise regimen. My eating is still not where it should be, but I am trying.

I'm 5'1". I think my height makes the weight look worse, but it's improving!

As for NSVs up until this point, my skin cleared up; I don't feel as tired; stairs aren't as tiring (part of my exercise regime is jogging up stairs). So everything is getting better! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gooellie
    Options
    your doing amazing work you can so tell a difference KEEP IT UP!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great job!

For the 30 day shred when is it hurting? Is it the last round with the lateral lunges/arm raises? Form is really important there or you could be messing with the knee - I know a friend of mine hurt his knee doing those pretty badly. Being careful to keep your knee aligned with your ankle and bringing your butt backwards - not your knee forwards - is really important to do that exercise safely.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    You love what you are seeing and I'll bet you are loving how you are feeling too!
    Way to go. Great work done and more great work in progress.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great job!

For the 30 day shred when is it hurting? Is it the last round with the lateral lunges/arm raises? Form is really important there or you could be messing with the knee - I know a friend of mine hurt his knee doing those pretty badly. Being careful to keep your knee aligned with your ankle and bringing your butt backwards - not your knee forwards - is really important to do that exercise safely.

yes! i used to struggle with squats and lunges, and would avoid them, until i learnt how to do them as you just described. now im getting some serious results in my bum and thighs. if you get the technique wrong, you can do some serious damage and then you can't workout for months :(
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi thats great, how do you burn calories using Wii Resort, I use Wii Fit alot but have never thought of using Wii Resort could you let me know how to work out the calories. Good luck on your continuing journey:bigsmile:
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress! Be proud you are well into your journey with fantastic results! What a difference!
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you, you've kept up so much since we first started talking about wanting to lose weight! I'm glad that you've made such important changes in your life and you look amazing!! I can't wait till end results! Truly inspiring!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great job!

It hurts after I do the whole thing, so I don't know what part is hurting it. For starters, I hurt my knee in high school playing baseball, and it hasn't been right since. I hurt it in 2002-2003, around there. I want to say it might be the lunges since the front of my legs hurt, too, but not as bad as my one knee! I had pretty bad form, so what you mentioned might be it. O.o I'll have to try to avoid using my knees forward.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Keep it up your doing great
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Hi thats great, how do you burn calories using Wii Resort, I use Wii Fit alot but have never thought of using Wii Resort could you let me know how to work out the calories. Good luck on your continuing journey:bigsmile:

I play the sword fighting game A LOT! The SO and I get so into it, I'm waitin' for us to start beating each other up with the remotes. XD I also do the cycling with wrist weights on (2.5 pounds each weight).
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    your doing amazing work you can so tell a difference KEEP IT UP!

Thanks!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    You love what you are seeing and I'll bet you are loving how you are feeling too!
    Way to go. Great work done and more great work in progress.

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to keep with the motivation, especially given I have a heavy class load coming up. :( I have to get creative with my schedule. :D
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    OMG amazing!!! So interesting to see u changing from one pic to the next. Congrats!!!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress! Keep up that fantastic work! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    You have made amazing progress! Be proud you are well into your journey with fantastic results! What a difference!

Thank you. :D I am proud. This is the first time I've actually maintained momentum. I thank MFP!
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    WOW! good work! keep it up
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far, build up your exercise as you can tolerate it with your knees. You look great!!!
  • spark_inthedark
    Options
    Job well done. Keep it up!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    good job! i like the monthly pctures i should be doing that! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!