Extra Calories....

Options
Hello! Could anyone tell me if I have to eat the extra calories I get from working out? For example I burned 410 calories working out today & my daily calories intake should be 1320 however, because I exercised it said to eat 1730.... I just find myself eating junk food & unhealthy substitutes to make up the difference.

Its been 3 weeks now & I am doing fairly well...I really don't want to eat too much more if I don't have to.

Thanks for any input!

Best Regards,
Nichole :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nikkistyles23
    Options
    Hello! Could anyone tell me if I have to eat the extra calories I get from working out? For example I burned 410 calories working out today & my daily calories intake should be 1320 however, because I exercised it said to eat 1730.... I just find myself eating junk food & unhealthy substitutes to make up the difference.

Its been 3 weeks now & I am doing fairly well...I really don't want to eat too much more if I don't have to.

Thanks for any input!

Best Regards,
    Nichole :flowerforyou:
  • nikkistyles23
    Options
    & then I feel really guilty if I eat more... so then I want to go running or do some type of cardio...
  • annielouise
    annielouise Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't know about your metabolism but for me - I don't eat my work-out calories. It seems to work out fine because other days I go a little over my allotment so it seems to balance out over the weeks. I've been losing 2 pounds a week pretty consistently doing it this way. Of course I don't burn as many caloires working out as you!! It's great that you work out so enthusiastically!:drinker: Cheers!
  • nikkistyles23
    Options
    Aww, Hunnie! Thank you! I'm not sure if its enthusiastically working out though, I think I am just ready to be where I was before... Thank you for your input! I greatly appreciate your advice!

Have a good day!
  • mattblancarte
    Options
    I would stay in the ballpark of a 500 calorie deficit. You must be tiny if you only need 1320 calories! :tongue:

I usually burn about 1200 calories in the gym (weights plus cardio) and I end up having a recommendation of 3800 calories. I try to stick to about a 1000 calorie deficit to keep lean.
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    I always try to eat as close to the recommended calories as I possibly can. I have only been on here for 2 weeks but most posts I have seen have highly recommended eating all of your work out calories.

I try to eat healthy foods like hummus, air popped pop corn, fruit, oatmeal, and the like whenever I have extra calories at the end of the day.

I guess it just depends on the person...good luck!!!:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Here's a great recent post that addresses this question. They're not "extra" calories, they're there to bring you back up to a healthy deficit.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Eat to lose, EAT your exercise calories, do not eat below 1200 net calories!!!!!
  • nikkistyles23
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback! I appreciate it :)

:flowerforyou: