Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    how many calories are you eating?

how long have you been eating that amount?

what was your highest/lowest weight in the past?

are your parents overweight?
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry some of the members commenting are so ****ty . It's funny how people who are having the same struggle are so mean . I understand your frustrations . Try focusing on NSV and keep logging and moving forward :)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I was defective for a period, my metabolism crashed and I ended up gaining 10 lb along with massive GI distress.

I'm lactose intolerant :( I never had been, but oh well, it mostly cuts out cheese calories that aren't that flavorful/cal anyways.

Also, I had a 4 month spurt of not being able to lose weight despite doing what I had done for the previous 3 month (while losing 1 lb/week steadily!). Turns out I can't lose weight on that birth control. I've not yet given another one a try, but you should look into factors like these because hormones and intolerances can be HUGE problems.
  • sadein
    Options
    I guess being hungry can turn some people into a real *****. Or maybe having too much time on one's hands.

I'm not an internet *kitten* and I still value my privacy, not that I need to justify my behaviour to anyone of you.

Honestly, I'm super surpised at the condescending crap from some users.

Lucky for me, I don't need the support to be successful, but I feel sorry for others who encounter this kind of behaviour.

I'll not be posting here again. Thank you to supportive users who have something helpful to say. To the others, keep in mind losing weight will not alter a nasty personality.

I haven't actually asked for moral support around here, but I've noticed that people aren't always...shall we say...supportive? I really think that websites like this feed people's eating disorders and exercise addictions.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I am much older than you but, when I was in high school I was a long distance runner. Our daily workouts were killer. My best friend on the team was this skinny little sprinter. We ate lunch together most days and spent time away from school together so I know how she ate normally. She could eat twice what I could and not gain weight. I certainly wasn't fat in h.s. but I had to watch what I ate. When I hit college and my activity level dropped, the weight came on.

It's much easier now to control my intake, eat regular healthy meals and get a reasonable amount of exercise. I am a stress eater and just finished an international relocation. I am in the process of losing the accompanying weight gain.

My advice to you would be:
    Don't be so hard on yourself
    Throw away the sugary and fatty foods in the house
    Try to plan your meals ahead
    Eat at least three times a day. I find that I do better with smaller meals and a couple of snacks
    I have one day a week that I eat whatever I want. I find it I've been eating healthy all week, my choices on this day are better too.
    Don't weigh so often. Get your favorite pair of jeans out, put them over the back of a chair in your room and try them on a couple of times a week. I find weighing makes me crazy. My weight isn't dropping that rapidly but, I'm wearing a pair of pants today that I could not wear last week.

Also remember: Skinny doesn't equal healthy. And don't let the people on this board get you down, some have some serious food and exercise issues. BE HEALTHY!!!
  • connorsludge
    connorsludge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, we're exactly alike! I started the weight loss journey in a pretty good place physically and nutritionally as well and I agree that it might make it harder. I, too, baffle doctors, nutritionists and all kinds of other people with my body's full refusal to lose weight despite daily biking, running, and weight lifting along with a healthy diet. I also like hiking. :)

Looking back, I think I made a mistake by cutting my calories too low. After a lot of fretting and frustration and almost no weight loss for months, I have been experimenting and learned that I don't lose or gain at 1200 calories, 1500 calories, 1800 calories, or 2100 calories. I'm currently eating 2400 calories while exercising and I think the scale is actually starting to budge in the downward position. I don't know how that works, but I'm sure all kinds of people are about to elbow in here and tell me how.

I'm also trying to focus on my macros and, of course, keep it as clean as possible with the exception of the occasional wine(s) and Luna bars.

Most of all I'm learning to focus on my fitness level more than ever. Although I want to look good, I have to remind myself that I'm really strong and healthy and I'm just getting stronger. The perspective shift really, really helps overcome the frustration!