Hi

Options
Day one for me. The Dr. basically told me this am that I needed to lose weight and bring my cholestoral down or die of a heart attack. I have tried and failed many diets. I love to eat. I am going to approach this like when I quit smoking (9 years quit cold turkey) and try to talk myself out of food whenever I crave.... I don't like fruit and chocolate is my weakness so I need some ideas for snacks. I would love to have someone just starting to buddy with.

Replies

• BamaGirl777
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You can do it!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    We will do it!
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's really not as difficult as you might think, once you get started. You will get much support here from people who are all trying to do the same thing...not necessarily lose weight, but to get healthy and lose weight in the process!
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I used to be the same way, but once I got in the healthy mentality my food habits have changed. I love the healthier food and I won't even eat junk food. If I do happen to binge it's not going to be on junk food.

Goodluck!
  • melanielb73
    melanielb73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is the first step. Everyone here is great and you can find lots of support. You can do it
  • Hi- I'm new too! Doctor told me that if I don't changing my habits I will die in the next 10 years.. I am only 24 so that scares me. I have been dieting since last week and have already lost 10 lbs, which seems crazy.. But I look back at calories I used to eat and it pretty much disgusts me. Plus with eating healthy this last week I have not been hungry like I was before when I would eat a McDonalds sandwhich & fries and drink tons of soda...
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Hi
    This site is great for friendship and motivation. Please add me as a friend if you would like to. I find that a cup of low calorie hot chocolate drink helps with the love of chocolate. Try and allow yourself a treat of a small sized chocolate bar each day but don't but big bars thinking you can eat a couple of squares each day because if you are anything like me the temptation of an open bar of chocolate is just too much. Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • regraves
    regraves Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are 9 years from smoking and you did it cold turkey shows that you have the willpower to do what you need to do to be healthy. Have some faith in yourself. I'm not a fan of fruit either, but there are other options and you don't need to completely give up chocolate, its all about moderation and keeping in your calorie budget, the great thing is that you can always exercise more to make up for whenever you have that craving and not feel overly guilty about it.