Recipes for Chocolate Lovers

Options
L33B0B
L33B0B Posts: 10 Member
Am a chocolate lover and have a really sweet tooth. is there anyone knows of any recipes that are still chocolate/sweet but not as bad as shop bought sweets.

Replies

• tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They have a post for flour less and butter less chocolate cake on a forum topic and i tried it last night... PERFECT!....I'll shorten it up for you

1 can rinsed/drained garbanzo beans
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 cup chocolate chips (dark preferably if you are a health nut)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tblsp baking powder

preheat oven 350
    mash up beans.. mix in egg whites and vanilla then baking powder...melt chocolate by itself and then mix in with everything else.
    muffin tin it up .. place in oven and in 20 min DONE!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is soooo my weakness! i do dark chocolate or the 3-2-1 cake . You can search it on here someone posted what to do... i mixed my angel food cake mix with swiss chocolate cake mix... it helps curb my craving and it only takes a minute in the microwave :)
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    They have a post for flour less and butter less chocolate cake on a forum topic and i tried it last night... PERFECT!....I'll shorten it up for you

2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tblsp baking powder

preheat oven 350
    mash up beans.. mix in egg whites and vanilla then baking powder...melt chocolate by itself and then mix in with everything else.
    Thank you for that recipe, I'm trying it tonight. I have made the brownies using black beans and they are good, but I would rather cook using clean foods and less preservatives.
  • L33B0B
    L33B0B Posts: 10 Member
    Options

2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tblsp baking powder

preheat oven 350

Sounds lovely... one thing tho.... what are garbanzo beans?? never heard of the before haha
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Sounds lovely... one thing tho.... what are garbanzo beans?? never heard of the before haha

Garbanzo beans are also known as chickpeas.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    head down the bean can isle in your grocery store! they will be there... like the other girl said, it's chickpeas. It is what hummus is mainly made out of.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • harlychic
    Options
    Dark chocolate almond butter on toasted whole wheat bread sometimes with natural peanut butter mixed in I call it a Reesewich.
  • mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    does it really taste like cake? lol...and do you know the nutrition facts on this?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I like making chocolate protein pancakes.

I'm in love with nutella. I could eat a whole jar in a couple days if I could, so I made my own hazelnut spread that is similar to nutella. Will post recipe when I make some.
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really do miss chocolate, I was have a craving today and made some hot chocolate/cocoa, they one I use is 40 calories per cup.

If you're in the U.S, Swiss miss does 25 calorie cocoa: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1459

Skinnytaste has some great chocolate recipes, this chocolate sorbet looks great: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chocolate-sorbet.html
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laralm
    Options
    Weight Watchers has this recipe for sweet lovers. I tried the choclate and it was good.

Ingredients
    1 package(s) regular white cake dry mix
    1 serving(s) diet soda (any flavor)

Instructions
    Mix cake mix with 12 oz of diet soda! Stir until cake is completely mixed in, some lumps will remain. Bake cake or cupcakes to box instructions (using the least amount of time recommended). Some recommendations for flavor combinations: diet root beer + spice cake = my favorite diet 7up/sprite + any flavor cake diet cherry coke/pepsi + devils food or chocolate cake diet cherry 7up + white cake diet orange soda + white or chocolate cake for toppings/frosting (points plus not included) I recommend using some powdered sugar with the same flavor of soda for a "light" glaze.
  • _CFi
    _CFi Posts: 11
    Options
    bump for later ty
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is soooo my weakness! i do dark chocolate or the 3-2-1 cake . You can search it on here someone posted what to do... i mixed my angel food cake mix with swiss chocolate cake mix... it helps curb my craving and it only takes a minute in the microwave :)

I made this too and it is SO GOOD... but do you have any of the nutrition facts on it? I add walnuts and cover it with Fat Free Ready Whip! Oh my so good! I just don't know how to count it.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I make instant hot cocoa (I buy mine at krogers for only 25 calories) then add 1/2 tsp peanut butter...yummo!! Just the perfect hint of peanut butter heaven to go with my chocolate, I call it bliss in a cup.

I also take a banana, slice it, add honey, cinnamon, and a tiny bit of unsweetened cocoa powder mix it up and taste like dark chocolate dipped bananas, yum!! I only use about 1/2 Tablespoon of honey
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

I was going to recommend this website... Chocolate Covered Katie... you'll find a ton of good recipes! :)
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie!

Chocolatecoveredkatie.com - You'll find everything there :)