goal change

sharnie_007
sharnie_007 Posts: 40
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i changed my goal for the next five days as i am planning on a few meals out e.c.t ... so rather than eating 1200 calories a day and loosing 2lbs a week i am now on 1620 calories a day ... which is what the site recommends for me to loose 1lb a week ... ( i will be going back to 1200 a day on monday but i made it a bit higher to allow for some luxuries but so i can still loose a bit of weight)
however they say my goal daily for carbs is 272 ... this seems a bit high .. is anyone else eating that many carbs a day .... or more ?? and are they still loosing weight !
thanks ... just usually im only allowed like 150 carbs or something like that but due to changing my targets the carbs have gone up majorly!
thanks again

Replies

• gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    When I let MFP do my carbs/fat/protein ratios, my carbs are always too high for me. I would never eat that many in a day! I just change the ratios to fit better what works for my system. I do better with a little higher protein and lower carbs. You know how your body responds better than anything. Don't eat that many if you find it's not working for you health and weight loss-wise.
  • thanks :) ... i mean i do go over 170 carbs sometimes as i find that good natural carbs help me to focus ... but i only ever go over my a maximum of ten carbs .. i could never eat 100 more a day lol unless i stuffed myself with pastries lol!! which defeats the object of a diet!!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    .. i could never eat 100 more a day lol unless i stuffed myself with pastries lol!! which defeats the object of a diet!!

LOL- so true!
  • how much carbs is to much in a day?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    i'm a little confused by this topic. Why is 270 carbs too many for you? I mean, my daily carbs is 378. Granted, I'm maintaining (2750 calories) but still, I don't see why that's an issue.

the following quote also baffles me.
    .. i could never eat 100 more a day lol unless i stuffed myself with pastries lol!! which defeats the object of a diet!!

are you on a low carb diet? If so, then other things should be replacing the carbs anyway.
  • no its just i find alot of carby food really bloat me out .. im sure its an allergy to gluten or something .. but i do eat a LOT of protein and fibre just not alot of carbs!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    no its just i find alot of carby food really bloat me out .. im sure its an allergy to gluten or something .. but i do eat a LOT of protein and fibre just not alot of carbs!

you should have it checked, most allergies are to specific types of foods, not a general macro category, if you figured out exactly what you were allergic too, then you would be able to confidently eat the rest.

I know it sounds a little bias of me (and it is, I've done a lot of research on the low carb phenomena out there), but carbs aren't the enemy for most people. You'd be surprised how rare wide scale food allergies are. Much more common are specific, low intensity food allergies.
This discussion has been closed.