This year, I WILL change my life!

Options
Hi, I'm hoping to make some friends here to go on this jouney with. I wasn't slim before I was pregnant, and I didn't bother doing anything about it. I get migraines when I don't eat and I got into the habit of "panic eating" to avoid them, which involved grabbing anything nearby and stuffing it in my face. I never excercised. But now I need to.

I'm fed up of being too ashamed of my size to take my daughter swimming, of avoiding social functions and being unable to keep up with her running. I've had another baby, and the fat that was there before I even got pregnant is still there and has to go! I am going to stop eating trash, and make a positive step in my life. I'm fed up with comfort eating, and now it just makes me feel a bit ill when I eat unhealthily, feeling like I'm just eating pure fat.

I'm going to start slowly, I don't want to crash and burn but maintain a sensible lifestyle. I've seen some amazing success stories here, and I'd like to join those. I will not have my daughters ashamed of me.

Replies

• karlar404
    karlar404 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand where you are coming from. I am a total optimist, but I hate when I go places with my daughters and people stare at me like I'm making them ill, and they have no idea that I'm a fun person to know! Oh well, their loss, right!
    Do not be embarrassed to spend time with your daughter. It is important to spend as much time with her as possible, because time goes by way too fast. My children have never been embarrassed by me because they know that I have have always been there for them. We teach our children how to love, respect, and to be compassionate.
    I don't know the age of your daughter, but my guess is that she would much rather have her mom with her, then not!
    I'm sending you a friend request, please accept it, because I think we can help each other!
    I am also eating better and I know what you mean about the way I feel after I eat something that isn't really good for me. It just kind of sits there and feels like I've drank a glass of oil or something...gross!
    Today can be the day you start feeling better! <3
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I understand about the migraines, I get them a lot! You can do it, its good to go at your own pace, the changes and the weight lost will be more permanent that way. We can motivate eachother!
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I alos get frequent migraines. I avoid a lot of social functions or have a lot of anxiety around the ones I can't because nothing fits or looks good.
  • Sherija
    Options
    Thanks, all added!
  • gissalm
    Options
    i get migraines too, and i also start feeling weak ... you may want to check with your doctor, you could be anemic ... i am so I have to be very careful how I diet, but it can be done :wink:

sending you a friend request ...
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand. But when I was younger I was tiny.. Now after 3 kids I am embaressed of the way I look and the size I am... So I am trying to get back down to 135 or 140... I still have a little over 20lbs to go.. If you want to add me please feel free too!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. Being able to run after my son was a huge inspiration for me to start this. My husband suggested signing my toddler up for swimming and the thoughts of being seen in a bathing suit have made me hesitate. I don't want to live like this anymore. Together we can all do this. Sending request.
  • LakeSideAsylum
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    TODAY I will change my life. I'm taking it slow one day at a time. And I'm hoping that today and today and today and today will add up. I have to take it one day at a time or I won't do it! And this time, I'm going to keep doing the work --today and today and today! Good luck on your journey!
  • Ageniuk
    Options
    In two weeks I have lost a total of 10 pounds and dropped 4 pant sizes. I am on a 90 day challenge with visalus body by vi and the results are amazing, but also life changing. With only one shake a day you give your body the nutrients it needs for less than 2 bucks. I have two shakes a day; one for breakfast and one for lunch and eat dinner with my family. I have changed from eating unhealthy snacks to healthy snacks and watching my portion sizes (serving size). I want to help others reach their goals so I wanted to share with you this webpage www.visalus.com let me know what you think and if your ready to sign up please give me a call or email me at geniukamanda@hotmail.com

I want to help you and I will motivate you to stay on track. Also by enrolling with me I will give you recipes that are yummy and simple to make. You will love this challenge. So what you say, lets do the challenge together and live healthier. Our bodies deserve to be treated right. You can call or text me at (785) 741-1698.
  • yasmin41
    Options
    hi-- friend request sent :)