KFC

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
Its possible my sister will be taking me for KFC after we go shopping today....
What would the best choice to have?

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I only ever get grilled chicken breasts from KFC. Just that. Nothing else on their menu is worth it to me. :)
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Grilled chicken sounds pretty good, but I would skip it and eat when I got home.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Tell her you have already eaten (or feel ill) and drink something.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Grilled chicken sounds pretty good, but I would skip it and eat when I got home.

My sister is 'treating' me...the other alternative is maccy ds :noway:
  • PapaDunx
    Options

My sister is 'treating' me...the other alternative is maccy ds :noway:

Salad at MacD's?
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do would be to put KFC in the food database, and go through the list, You can check the counts on items that sound good. I like the doubledown, but haven't checked the count on it since starting MFP.. Guess I'll do that now. lol
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you can have a look at the menu online beforehand and see what you can fit into your calorie allowances.

I'd agree with others in regards to a mcdonalds salad but sometimes they can have just as many calories as a burger.

Enjoy :)
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The fruit and walnut salad isn't too bad at mcdonalds.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Why not just tell your sister you don't wish to consume such nastiness?
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You're an adult and there is no reason that you should have to eat something that you don't want to.

A simple, "Than you for your offer, but I am trying very hard to stay on my eating plan for my health. I'll be happy to have a drink and enjoy your company, but I am no longer eating fast food/eating out."
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    on the good side, at least the chicken has high protein!

You can get salads with grilled chicken, or grilled chicken burger / wrap, or if you want proper fried chicken the mini fillets are only about 350 cals for a portion of 3. If you choose a meal you can get corn or beans instead of the fries to reduce cals and get a portion of veg, and burgers can be ordered without mayo / cheese if you want.

I must say though if I go to KFC, I always get the zinger tower burger with beans. About 800 cals per meal but I just work it into my cals for the day, with a bit of planning it can be done :-)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Although KFC is not the best of foodf options, this is a journey and unless you plan on living in a food bubble the rest of your life you will run into these type of "eatting" road blocks on occassion.
    I would get the grilled chicken options and and wings are usually the lower calorie/fat options. I have had their Cesar Salad and it was not bad, you can also do a side salad.
  • nandy07
    nandy07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i would say get something that is grilled not fried and watch portions.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I still go to places like that if the kids or partner need to fill their junk food quota but I just have a diet drink whilst they eat. A possible option rather than refusing to go there at all maybe?
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    corn.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I think it's impossible to totally cut out 'bad' stuff...this isn't a 'diet' for me it's a better eating plan. I'm at maintenance now. KFC or fast food is something I rarely have.
    But grilled chicken /salad it will be :smile:
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i want to try that grilled chicken... and then i would have a side of taters and gravy and maybe some corn.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    2pc meal - grilled breast, grilled drumstick, green beans, corn on the cob-no butter. Don't eat the biscuit.

Or get two drumsticks or a thigh and a drumstick if you're trying to keep calorieseven lower.

Breast/Drumstick:
    Cal - 405
    Fat - 11
    Sat - 3
    Chol - 195
    Sod - 1280
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 5
    Pro - 56

2 Drumsticks:
    Cal - 275
    Fat - 8
    Sat - 2
    Chol - 120
    Sod - 840
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 4
    Pro - 39

Thigh/Drumstick:
    Cal - 355
    Fat - 14
    Sat - 4
    Chol - 150
    Sod - 1080
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 4
    Pro - 35

My personal McDonald's preference if faced with no other dining option is the Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken:
    Cal - 230
    Fat - 9
    Sat - 4
    Chol - 85
    Sod - 700
    Carb - 10
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 5
    Pro - 30
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    2pc meal - grilled breast, grilled drumstick, green beans, corn on the cob-no butter. Don't eat the biscuit.

Or get two drumsticks or a thigh and a drumstick if you're trying to keep calorieseven lower.

Breast/Drumstick:
    Cal - 405
    Fat - 11
    Sat - 3
    Chol - 195
    Sod - 1280
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 5
    Pro - 56

2 Drumsticks:
    Cal - 275
    Fat - 8
    Sat - 2
    Chol - 120
    Sod - 840
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 4
    Pro - 39

Thigh/Drumstick:
    Cal - 355
    Fat - 14
    Sat - 4
    Chol - 150
    Sod - 1080
    Carb - 20
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 4
    Pro - 35

My personal McDonald's preference if faced with no other dining option is the Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken:
    Cal - 230
    Fat - 9
    Sat - 4
    Chol - 85
    Sod - 700
    Carb - 10
    Fib - 4
    Sug - 5
    Pro - 30

Thank you for this, is really helpful :smile:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I think it's impossible to totally cut out 'bad' stuff...this isn't a 'diet' for me it's a better eating plan. I'm at maintenance now. KFC or fast food is something I rarely have.
    But grilled chicken /salad it will be :smile:

I don't cut it out because i'm on a 'diet' I cut it out because I genuinely dislike that kind of food now, it just tastes synthetic and fatty to me now. I also don't like the way just a small amount of food uses up so many cals!

I was kinda stuck for choice food outlet wise a few weeks back and the partner and kiddo wanted a BurgerKing while we were out so I thought bugger it, it can be my cheat meal, got a chicken fillet meal thing and I honestly could not eat it all, it just tasted like cr@p! lol. It's funny how your taste buds change over time I think. Well enjoy your day out with your sister x