KFC

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Oh god I am sat here having a spelling debate on a KFC thread at 8.30 in the morning whilst I could be at the gym doing something productive. Seriously I need to have a word with myself...arguing with randoms about word meaning....I officially now spend too much time on here and am becoming a MFP geek.

Same here :bigsmile:
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I think it is great that you are thinking ahead on this. I believe that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet so if you want a LITTLE of what you fancy then that is ok. When I go McD's I have a variety of things. I have Quarter Pounder with no cheese, side salad and coffee or diet soda and that is around 450 cals, or I have a grilled chicken wrap 330 cals, or Fillet O Fish 330 cals. KFC I am not sure, boy to I miss it though but I would go for a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Most importantly, you should enjoy your day out with your sister, those moments are special :D Have fun x
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Thank you everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I think it is great that you are thinking ahead on this. I believe that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet so if you want a LITTLE of what you fancy then that is ok. When I go McD's I have a variety of things. I have Quarter Pounder with no cheese, side salad and coffee or diet soda and that is around 450 cals, or I have a grilled chicken wrap 330 cals, or Fillet O Fish 330 cals. KFC I am not sure, boy to I miss it though but I would go for a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Most importantly, you should enjoy your day out with your sister, those moments are special :D Have fun x

I love what's written in your ticker!
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your best choice would be NOT to go...lol
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Your best choice would be NOT to go...lol

Nooooo... Don't be a meanie!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The Indv sides of mashed potatoes without gravy only have 90 calories!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    And not that it matters to anything pertinent to the OP, but it is AFFECT that would be the correct usage. Sorry, but it was being used in the wrong vernacular. Just saying.
    For example, THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. -or-
    WE MAY BE AFFECTED BY PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IN NEGATIVE WAYS.

More simply, EFFECT is a noun or plural noun. AFFECT is a verb.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I love what's written in your ticker!

Thank you, I saw it written somewhere and thought it was awesome and made the graphic, I hope it helps people, it definitely helps me xx
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me, a life without fast food is not doable. I am proud that I went from a 4 time a week habit to a once a month habit, but sometimes there is no alternative.

I check my calorie allowance and just pic what I like and what fits.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    For me, a life without fast food is not doable. I am proud that I went from a 4 time a week habit to a once a month habit, but sometimes there is no alternative.

I check my calorie allowance and just pic what I like and what fits.

Good way of thinking...if it fits your cals then why not hey? :wink:
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Its possible my sister will be taking me for KFC after we go shopping today....
    What would the best choice to have?

... a sudden unexpected illness :D
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Affect.

;)
    And the winner is... you!

Hmm think someone needs to get their dictionary out...
    Oh, I agree. ;)
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

i google it.mens health mag has an article on this
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    i love KFC!!
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    just eat the damn chicken, spend 15 minutes extra on cardio.
    don't listen to the people here.

Actually, having got a Variety Bucket last weekend as a treat (not been to a KFC in well over a year), I'd agree with this. Its tasty. :)
  • NicolaMapp
    NicolaMapp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have the new BBQ Rancher Salad, on the website its only 190 cals! The Zinger salad isn't too bad also, at 290, but for the sake of some breadcrumbs, can almost have a couple of hot wings!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sounds pretty good, but I would skip it and eat when I got home.

My sister is 'treating' me...the other alternative is maccy ds :noway:

is your sister a large gal? roomy in the hips?

(name that movie)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

You make it sound like you HAVE to go. Just say no. It's disgusting food anyway. You won't be missing out.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    THE SODIUM WILL KILL YOUR DIET OR YOU! KFC put me in the hospital with a serious gall bladder attack. I've never touched the stuff again! But, if you feel you must:

KFC Nutrition Facts: Healthy Menu Options

• Grilled Chicken Breast and House Side Salad with Light Italian Dressing: 250 calories, 7.5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 5 g carbs, 41 g protein, 1250 mg sodium

• Honey BBQ KFC Snacker with Side of Green Beans: 235 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 36 g carbs, 14 g protein, 730 mg sodium

• 2 Grilled Chicken Wings with Side of Sweet Kernel Corn: 260 calories, 9.5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 41 g carbs, 23 g protein, 500 mg sodium

• Grilled Chicken Thigh with House Side Salad with Fat Free Ranch Dressing: 220 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 11 g carbs, 21 g protein, 950 mg sodium

• Grilled Drumstick Value Box: 380 calories, 19 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 34 g carbs, 17 g protein, 1090 mg sodium