eating less than 1000

Options
What do you do when you intake less than 1,000 and your not hungry at all?

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ummm nothing lol. so long as your meals are healthy. but don't look at my diary for yesterday i normally am low but im human, after 2 days in a top hotel getting home shattered i binged on biscuits before i fell asleep ooops not good.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I look forward to seeing the effect.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you want to bump up your cals maybe eat a yoghurt or some nuts?
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Wouldnt know...this has NEVER happened to me - every day is a struggle to keep my cals below 2000!!!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    count it as an off day....knowing that I'll probably over eat calories another day...so usually balances out over the week..if not oh well ! if tums not hungry i'm not eating
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Banana's are great too if you want extra calories that are healhy or vegetable soup, which you can make yourself by adding your choosen veggies.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Undereating occasionally isn't a big deal, but as a male consistently undereating, particularly less than 1000 cals, will likely lead to muscle loss.
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    Undereating occasionally isn't a big deal, but as a male consistently undereating, particularly less than 1000 cals, will likely lead to muscle loss.

I don't want that.. the girls like the muscles right?

lol
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How does this happen? I have so much of a struggle keeping below 1200. I ate too much for so long which is why I'm fat.
    I'm not critisising, or being mean - I just don't understand.
  • 168lbs
    Options
    I've only had this a few times happen to me, but I had a 1-2 meal replacement drinks. It helped me get through my busy working day, without getting tired. I would only use these meal replacements in an emergency and certainly not long term.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

This is gonna be controversial..i can feel it.
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    How does this happen? I have so much of a struggle keeping below 1200. I ate too much for so long which is why I'm fat.
    I'm not critisising, or being mean - I just don't understand.

trust me i gained 65 lbs in the last 3 years.. most of it in the last 2.. I was probably 1500 one day and 3-4,000 then next 3 days..

How I stay under 1800 normally is i eat only at home.. baked chicken, fish, turkey sandwiches (deli cut) .. I also have not bought soda in 3 weeks for home use or Gatorade. If you drink mainly water and some almond milk (unsweeted) you will save yourself so many Cals.. i struggle sometimes to hit the 1800 especially if i sleep to late and skip breakfast..
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same but am also recovering from a sinus infection and I reckon that is the reason why I don't want to eat.

It will be ok in the short term but will affect your health in the long term.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options

lol

Right..... and if you are a guy of a decent height then you won't build much muscle eating under 1000 cals a day.

Grab a handful of almonds or add a little olive oil to comething. Bananas are quite high in calories, a banana with some peanut butter is a fairly high calorie snack but full of lots of good things (try to get an organic natural peanut butter if poss)
  • venushunter
    Options

Wouldnt know...this has NEVER happened to me - every day is a struggle to keep my cals below 2000!!!

Tell me about it! "Oh no I need to eat more calories" is not something I'm ever in a position to say!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options

This is gonna be controversial..i can feel it.

Gosh I hope not.. I don't want to eat under 1,000 it just happened today and with out being hungry.. I didn't get tired and even coached a 90 minute baseball practices on less than 600 Cals.. until i added the drinks..

I disagree with the 1200 Cal diets as I feel that isn't enough on a daily basis.. I know today is just one day and i have no reason I won't hit close to my 1800 goal the next 3-4 days.. So I hope its not to controversial.. just asking do you eat anyway or just try to hit your goal the next day of 1800..
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

lol

Haha. YES! Yes we do :-)
    I'd have a tbsp of PB on a stick of celery/cracker. Or a handful of Almonds.
  • dallasfloyd
    Options

lol

Right..... and if you are a guy of a decent height then you won't build much muscle eating under 1000 cals a day.

Grab a handful of almonds or add a little olive oil to comething. Bananas are quite high in calories, a banana with some peanut butter is a fairly high calorie snack but full of lots of good things (try to get an organic natural peanut butter if poss)

6'2" yeah I have the bananas but even that didn't appeal to me 4 hours ago.. starting to get hungry but have not slept yet.. I might eat one banana and go to bed but not alot of Cals this late.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I've never eaten less than 1500, but sometimes I do have days where I'm just not hungry. What I have found happens is I am more hungry the next day and make up for it. There's no point forcing yourself to eat if you're not hungry.
  • dallasfloyd
    Options

Tell me about it! "Oh no I need to eat more calories" is not something I'm ever in a position to say!

trust me, this is not something thats normal.. when i first started my diet again.. trying to hit 1800 had my tummy yelling at me.. now 1500-1800 is ok..