Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Of course. Alcoholic drinks have quite a bit of cals
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If it has calories I track it. Alcohol has calories. I don't know why you wouldn't track it.
  • LCastile
    LCastile Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE!, i find i always have extra calories left if i am paying good attention to it all,,, so then i use that on BOOZE! YUM! I AM A BOOZEHOUND!

Thought i was the only one on this site.. lol

Oh you guys aren't the only ones. I'd like to NOT log my drinking calories because I'm pretty sure I can easily go over a day's worth of cals on a night out. Drinking's the one bad habit I've not broken myself of. At least I don't drink everyday. Just Fridays and Saturdays. But last Friday I logged what I drank and cringed at how many calories 88oz of beer packs. Gosh that sounds bad...haha.

Haha.. i didn't log friday night since it was my birthday party.. but your 88oz would be low...

I don't drink much anymore but definitely log the calories when I do... a shaker of margaritas was 391 calories which can make or break your day. My motto is to work hard, play hard but exercise harder and it's working. I only show a minor weight loss on this site but had lost 20 plus pounds before I found it.
    BTW Dallas - happy belated birthday :)
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was doing gin and tonic recently because I thought that was healthy, but then I found combined with dieting I couldn't handle it anymore. I don't drink soda ever, so I try to avoid it when I go out to drink too, but I guess if it's better to drink that with my alcohol than beer or wine I could try it.

Regular tonic is super high in sugar, I was surprised when I found out!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I think we need a weekend drunks thread! and we can drink together while we log our Cals

That only seems appropriate. I'll drink to that :drinker: :laugh:

i got some patron in the freezer.. *cheers*
  • Redskins76
    Options
    If you wanna be correct with your logging put the alcohol in.
  • vanillapot
    vanillapot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I once logged all the drinks I had on a saturday's night out. When MFP calculated the calories I drunk...I felt like fainting! That was a shock but I needed it cause now I avoid drinking that much!!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was doing gin and tonic recently because I thought that was healthy, but then I found combined with dieting I couldn't handle it anymore. I don't drink soda ever, so I try to avoid it when I go out to drink too, but I guess if it's better to drink that with my alcohol than beer or wine I could try it.

Regular tonic is super high in sugar, I was surprised when I found out!

I saw that too! I tried diet tonic, but most bars don't have it. I can only get that from the store when I make them myself. But I pour a bit heavier than most bars do so in the end it probably evens out :/
  • missmacsays
    Options
    I think we need a weekend drunks thread! and we can drink together while we log our Cals

i got some patron in the freezer.. *cheers*

Enjoy!! I'm still confused as to what I can drink that isn't going to kill all the eating right! Whiskey straight? Looks like a winner to me :wink:
  • missmacsays
    Options
    I once logged all the drinks I had on a saturday's night out. When MFP calculated the calories I drunk...I felt like fainting! That was a shock but I needed it cause now I avoid drinking that much!!

Yeah, I hate that feeling!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, they are calories right? and the go in your mouth right? My rule is if I want to have wine, beer, cocktail etc I have to exercise the calories away first, it has worked well so far!
  • missmacsays
    Options
    Absolutely, they are calories right? and the go in your mouth right? My rule is if I want to have wine, beer, cocktail etc I have to exercise the calories away first, it has worked well so far!

Good rule. I usually go harder on my workout Friday and Saturday mornings to make up for the drinking, but there's always the days it's way over what I expected. Meh, changing your life is a learning process so I'm sure I'll get it right one of these days.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use the app on my phone to log every gin and tonic and every glass of wine. It seems a bit obsessive, but it makes me take responsibility for my lifestyle.

At the end of the day, if Im using extra calories on alcohol and not losing weight then I can see why.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Definitely log!
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options

You took the words right out of my mouth :drinker:
  • missmacsays
    Options

You took the words right out of my mouth :drinker:

Oh thank goodness. I know a lot of people really commit to changing their lifestyle and that includes not drinking, but I'm still young. I'm not going to quit drinking completely at this point in my life. I'm just trying to get myself healthy and still be able to enjoy my booze! I just want to learn to enjoy it and not undo everything I've worked hard to do.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I'm going to have to add you now, This is amazing logic!!!
    [/quote]

Enjoy!! I'm still confused as to what I can drink that isn't going to kill all the eating right! Whiskey straight? Looks like a winner to me :wink:
    [/quote]
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, they all matter. Log 'em!
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    of course!

it's easier for me because i don't drink mixed drinks. i stick to beer and shots, which is a lot easier to calculate than mixed drinks.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Depends how serious you are about this. Alcohol is extremely calorie dense and unless its just a glass of red wine you're planning on, it is GARBAGE for your health, weight loss and body composition.

PRE-log it so you know how much you're gonna drink & it'll help you to stick to that.