To log calories from alcohol or to not?

Options
12346»

Replies

• rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find a couple of cheats for alcohol
    (firstly as everyone else has said You simply must track it liquid calories add up soo fast)
    wine spritzers with diet gingerail or a dry wine can do some diet sprite same amound of drinking less half the calories.
    diet cola and rum (65 cal)
    i like diet dr pepper with spiced rum (sounds gross but is actually quite good

and i dont know if you have them where you are but crystal light has come out with some mocktails they are 5 cal a glass and taste like the real thing. if i am having a party i drink half mocktail half real drink no one knows the difference and i keep my calories in check. . my favortie is the appletini, yum.

Cheers everyone
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always log alcohol. Always. Loads of calories in it.

^ this.
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try mixing up vodka with water and the calorie free Crystal Light packets. 0 carbs and calories in the packet. So makes for a really yummy fairly low cal cocktail. ...
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Why would u log booze ? It's not like it has any calories,o wait hang on.....
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE!, i find i always have extra calories left if i am paying good attention to it all,,, so then i use that on BOOZE! YUM! I AM A BOOZEHOUND!

Thought i was the only one on this site.. lol
    You mean I am not the only one?:laugh:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I work out my alcohol first, then see what food I can fit with the remaining calories. I thought that was what you were supposed to do?!!!
    lol!
  • mrramsey
    Options
    If you don't log everything the only thing you accomplish is managing to undermine everything you started to work toward. You only cheat yourself!

So you should ask yourself, Am I committed?

Decide.
    Commit.
    Succeed.

"There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept NO Excuses; only Results."
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is high in calories, if you don't track it then you have no idea how many calories you've had in a day. I always track it as closely as possible - it's quite scary how many calories there are, this helped me cut down the amount I had.

Mind you I'm off to a beer festival tomorrow, so I'll be over... again.

lol this is funny :laugh:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I log it. I have the phone app so that helps. Even when totally tipsy I still manage to get that logged
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do log the calories because it helps me get a fair idea of what I can drink next time ;)
    I always eat lesser the entire day if I know I am going out drinking in the night. I make it a point to have only hard liquor and use water as a mixer. And I DO NOT touch the snacks. If I pop one french fry, I know that will be the end of me.
  • kittenlynch
    kittenlynch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently logged MULTIPLE Shiner Light Blonde's as my dinner. It made me laugh but I also stayed accountable for those calories!
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I definitely log my calories from drinking. But I usually burn them off because I usually drink while dancing at a nightclub. Logging your alcohol calories puts a lot of things into perspective.
  • Chrysopteron
    Chrysopteron Posts: 57 Member
    Options

My resolution: Take a piece of string and a pen along - I have an old shoelace in two colours, so I'll try this: black end means a small beer (0,33l) and white end is a glass of wine/bubbly (0,2l). If there happen to be shots/longdrinks/cocktails, I'll force my boyfriend to write that down on my shoulder or hip or somewhere else you can't see. Then count in the morning and log the calories. BEFORE hangover breakfast, so I'll know how much damage I've done and how many scrambled eggs and rashers of bacon I can stuff my face with. I'm afraid already. ; )

Well, shall I let you know if that is a handy procedure? Sounds like a winner to me! : )

Or any better suggestions from fellow party-addicts?

Doesn't work! Almost tied the shoelaces I was wearing instead of the ones in my pocket... ; )
    Just kidding, actually did work - sort of. I'm a bit hazy about whether it was one or two small beer in the last place we went to, but I figured all the walking while bar hopping until 5 in the morning burnt some of it back off. Still logged two, though, to be on the safe side.

I was only 130 kcals over because I'd had a good old workout in the morning, didn't think that too bad!

Saturday was another matter, though...
    I feel horrible for being such a pig, but serving my favourite fat-swimming food was soooooo cruel by my SIL! ; )

(and it was fantastic)

Back to well-behaved now...
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I didn't log it for 2 weeks, went on holiday, to a festival, out with friends... gained 7 lbs. When it was just once a week and I danced it all off I could get away without logging, but from now on I'm logging everything and working out before I go out drinking to make sure I can get away with it!
    I've been prelogging before I go out, and trying to stick to it... I prelog one of my favourite, higher calorie drinks (vodka and cranberry), 3 of my favourite lower calorie drinks (disaronno and diet coke) then 5 vodka and diet cokes... if I don't drink 9 drinks, I just take them off the next day and congratulate myself! Luckily I'm finding this pretty easy to stick to, even when horribly drunk!
    Add me to check out my diary etc if you want to :)
  • CymruLucas
    Options
    Bottle of vodka = 1450 calories.
    I could easily down 1/4 to a 1/2 of that which is a massive amount of calories.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I log the calories from alcohol. Liquid calories count and it's a HUGE eye opener when you see exactly how much.

With that said if it's a night where I know I'm going to be imbibe copious amounts of spirits I will make sure that I do another vigorous workout and not fret too much if I drink back my exercise calories.
  • campbellj
    campbellj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have to log the calories for alcohol. Especially since it is almost all sugar. Try some of the beers that are 64 calories or so. Even the 90 calorie ones aren't that bad. That way, you can get your drink on and still watch your calorie intake. If you can remember afterwards. :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You know, if you go over your calories for the day your head won't explode.

I log everything and I am smarter for it.