I'm Stuck! Weddings in 8 months HELP!!

Options
So I am suck at 145 and want to drop these last 5-10 pounds before my wedding dress fitting. They just won't come off. I jog/walk 2 miles a day or do my elliptical,. Im thinking i just need to amp up my workouts. Any good work out or food suggestions??? Thanks!!!

Replies

• bjalexander6196
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have been married to my high school sweet heart for 28 years and it has been great!! Try cutting out just 100 calories a day. Your body may be hanging on because it knows you are a faithful excerciser!!
  • EllieLou357
    EllieLou357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The previous advice is not good because you've given us no food stats to go on.

How tall are you and how much do you currently eat calorie wise?

Secondly have you considered weight training? You won't bulk up and you might not get the number you want but if you do it right you'll get the body you want.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you jog, walk and do the elliptical that's all cardio I think you need to mix it up with some weights or even exercise that uses your own body weight. I found a deal for 12 boot camp classes and they were a good kickstarter if that's not an option I also bought a kettlebell dvd to do at home which is a good mix of cardio and weights. Maybe mixing up your exercise will get you past this plateau, but you might look into changing your eating habits up too. Try going high protein for a few weeks or calorie cycling. You have 8 months you can do it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have been married to my high school sweet heart for 28 years and it has been great!! Try cutting out just 100 calories a day. Your body may be hanging on because it knows you are a faithful excerciser!!

yeah, this is pretty much not worth much without us knowing about the first poster. How do you know she's even eating enough?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Workouts will make you look awesome and be healthy, but not help your weight loss.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I hate to jump the gun but listening to her workout routine and thought process of ramping up her cardio even further, I'm guessing she is currently on a large deficit when she needs a much smaller one.
  • jellogal
    jellogal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you considered TurboFire? It's High Intensity Interval Training. And it's fun. The package came with a 5-day weight loss plan. I have stuck to the food/exercise plan for 2 days and have lost 3 pounds and I feel great. Plenty of energy and I haven't felt hungry.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Mix up your routine if you keep on doing the same cardio your body is going to adjust. Try adding sprints into your jogging or elliptical and add weight lifting to your program. As far as eating goes I always recommend going by the TDEE-20% which you can find online at fat2fitratio.com
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    i agree just change your workout entirely. try something like p90x to put on a little muscle, which will in turn burn fat quickly. circuit training always works for me.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Try increasing the length of your workout. It may be that you have been on the same routine for so long that the you are now doing the the workout with out getting in to a fat burn situation. Just using up the glycogen your body is storing from in coming food. Sounds odd but longer workouts may be the needed change.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Strength training! Not only will you create more metabolically active lean body mass, but you'll be toning it up too :) And it's something new, which is a great way to kickstart your metabolism.

Also, taking dance classes with your fiancee will not only make you two look snazzy at the wedding, its a great fun workout as well!
  • EllieLou357
    Options
    The site has me eating 1200 calories. I am 5'6" and 145. I drink a v8 for bearkfast. Peanut butter in a low carb mama lupe tortilla and some yogurt for lunch and dinner it kinda depends. I come from a big Italian family and we eat at my parents house often, but i still control my eating and try not to over eat which sometime i have a bad day and eat chocolate or something unhealthy.
  • EllieLou357
    Options

Secondly have you considered weight training? You won't bulk up and you might not get the number you want but if you do it right you'll get the body you want.

Sun 09/23/12 08:54 AM
    The site has me eating 1200 calories. I am 5'6" and 145. I drink a v8 for bearkfast. Peanut butter in a low carb mama lupe tortilla and some yogurt for lunch and dinner it kinda depends. I come from a big Italian family and we eat at my parents house often, but i still control my eating and try not to over eat which sometime i have a bad day and eat chocolate or something unhealthy.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?? 1200 is rather low for someone with your stars. You have time. 8 months is plenty to lose 10 pounds. I suggest eating back your exercise calories AND switching up your workout. 2-3 days of lifting weights--say 4-6 exercises, 3 sets, 8-10 reps as heavy as you can go--that will improve your body composition more than pure cardio. In addition, you can do cardio 3 days a week aiming for 30 minutes--try incorporating a few intervals during each session.
  • asticoral
    Options

Sun 09/23/12 08:54 AM

I'm sorry to say but 1200 is probably not correct for you. Use measurements not the scale to reach your goal.
    I'm going to suggest using 1400 as a starting point, divide that into your preferred eating habit style ( 3 meals / day or 6 smaller ones ) and use a food pyramid of veggies, fruits, meats and starches (lastly cause they cause the most trouble.)
    When recording your exercise, you can eat up to half of those bonus calories back without worry.
    ADD sodium column to your food diary, regular V8 is loaded with it.
    Seriously you can eat normal foods, just in moderation and work it like you stole it :happy:
  • EllieLou357
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    strength training, strength training and more strength training!
  • EllieLou357
    Options
    So I cut my calories and I am down another pound. I know it is not the best way to lose weight, but it works and it is faster than just working out. I am still eating healthy, just not as much. lol Anyway thanks for all the help!