Should i join a gym?

Options
I'm an avid walker and recently started doing the c25k. I feel like i need to step up my fitness. Ive been tossing around the idea of joining a gym. I generally don't like "exercise", so its the idea of the classes that is enticing. I'm also curious about strength training although i don't think i'm mentally quite ready for that YET.
My husband has a weightbench and accessories and an elliptical, but its not in use right now because we have someone living in our extra room. Theres no telling when hes gonna move out.
Is it worth it for a gym membership?
What is everyone's opinion?

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'd make room & set the equipment up that you have. :smile:
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    we have someone living in our extra room. Theres no telling when hes gonna move out.
    Get up at 5am.
    Crank up the music.
    Hit the elliptical hard (hopefully it's a noisy machine)

He'll move out soon enough.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I believe it's completely worth it and at times I have had memberships at two different gyms at the same time. But that's me. If you don't like exercise and already have equipment sitting around unused, then it could be a waste of your money. Nobody *has* to work out in a gym. Not even me. I work out 6 days per week with only 3 of those days inside a gym.

I suggest you find a local gym that will let you pay month to month and give it a try. LA Fitness in my area has a deal where you can pay $10 per week while you figure it out. Or the YMCA in your area is probably like $60 or so. Check out the class schedule, see if there is something you would try during the times you have available and give it a shot.

Bonus tip: Try to rope a friend into coming with you. Going to a gym with a friend>>>>>than working out alone.