eating less than 1000

Options

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I eat something, an avocado feels light, satisfies and is about 300 calories. I might add on a glass or two of almond milk and a handful of pumpkin seeds, or some cheese and boom-badda, I'm at 1600 calories...which is something I can live with. My BMR is 2300, but having a few low days is cool by me. Especially since somedays I go a little over.

I would eat mostly, to retain energy, reduce risk of losing lean muscle and hopefully avoid any binge eating later on.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You are constipated.....
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I always manage 700 a day haha I lost a stone in 2 weeks x
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I will never have this problem unless I have stomach flu. That, or a killer hangover, is pretty much the only way I can eat under 1,000 calories and not be hungry.
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are coming down with a virus??? I know when I am about to get sick I don’t feel like eating much. OR are you depressed? That too can cause you not to feel like eating. Which in both cases you need to force yourself to eat something healthy as your body needs it to recover.
  • KBE1990
    Options
    Some days are like that for me, it's like a struggle to eat 1,000 to 1,200 calories...
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd like to point out that 600 of those 1000 calories came from alcohol

Maybe you're not hungry because you're drunk

Edit: maybe that explains your posting here too

Yes the alcohol is not really helping. Eating 5 slices of pizza and then 2 beers and some other alcohol is not healthy. You really need to evaluate your relationship with food and alcohol. It sounds like a eating disorder in the making. You really need to put in the work of eating right and working out. You need a balance. Also eating that much lunch meat is not healthy either there is ton of salt in luch meat so try to find something else so you dont eat that much lunch meat. Also your sugars are high due to the Gatorade, root beer and alcohol. try to do ONE bad thing a day... not all three and make up for it by starving yourself later.

Please see a nutrisionalist or a Dr for some pointers of healthy eating habits and blood test to see where your sugar, liver and things are.

Im sorry to have to say all that but it just looks very unhealthy.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Eating that little for one day is not going to kill you. Do better. Poop more.

A little early in the day for tequila isn't it? Not judging.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Undereating occasionally isn't a big deal, but as a male consistently undereating, particularly less than 1000 cals, will likely lead to muscle loss.

I don't want that.. the girls like the muscles right?

lol

Yes indeed. Eat more. Iz wanna see them ;)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stop eating til dinnertime.
  • erdunn75
    erdunn75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I eat clean and try to limit my carb intake I too struggle with netting what I'm supposed to. It's almost like I have to eat junk just to get to where I'm supposed to be. And I dont want to do that. But I am not hungry or starving between meals.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    I go more by how I feel, if it isn't every single day then who cares? But then at the same time if I felt awesome what do I care if it was everyday? If you aren't measuring and weighing your food and stuff you very well could not have an entirely accurate number.

You are not evil if you don't exceed the magical 1200 cals per day. It happens...but reality is we need food to function....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you intake less than 1,000 and your not hungry at all?

Nothing. I know that I will be very hungry if I eat that low everyday so I don't sweat it if I'm low once in a while. I know I'm also going to be high once in a while.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you intake less than 1,000 and your not hungry at all?

Go back to bed... because I must be sick.
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I'd like to point out that 600 of those 1000 calories came from alcohol

Maybe you're not hungry because you're drunk

Edit: maybe that explains your posting here too

I wasn't drunk,, I did drink that night but wasn't even hungry before i went out for thursday night football.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    When I get to 1000 or less calories and Im not hungry anymore then I dont eat anything else. Why force yourself when you're completely satisfied? I know if I do, I get sick to my stomach.

So if you aren't even capable of eating your BMR then how in the world did you get to be over 100 pounds overweight?
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    When I get to 1000 or less calories and Im not hungry anymore then I dont eat anything else. Why force yourself when you're completely satisfied? I know if I do, I get sick to my stomach.

So if you aren't even capable of eating your BMR then how in the world did you get to be over 100 pounds overweight?

100lbs over weight? i hope your joking.. my normal healthy weight is 190-200. but the last 2.5 years i started eating out 10 meals a week range, lots of fried chicken wings, tenders, etc so i gained up to 240.

Also i don't normally eat under 1,000.. i used to eat who knows i am afraid to enter it 2500-3000+

Since i got off all the fried foods when i actually plan my meals (don't look at last week it was b-day week) I cut my sodas nearly completely out of my diet other than a few days over the last few weeks. So when i sleep late and skip breakfast i tend to fall around 1300-1500.. under 1,000 was just yesterday..

As I re-read all the post I want to thank everyone that gave the simple answers to a simple statement. I also thank the ones that took it farther but trust me there is no way i will go into starvation mode or do i have an eating disorder. I have no plans to eat under 1,000 or even under 1200. (I would agree if it was every day under 1200)

I
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You didn't show me your muscles.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

100lbs over weight? i hope your joking.. my normal healthy weight is 190-200. but the last 2.5 years i started eating out 10 meals a week range, lots of fried chicken wings, tenders, etc so i gained up to 240.

Also i don't normally eat under 1,000.. i used to eat who knows i am afraid to enter it 2500-3000+

Since i got off all the fried foods when i actually plan my meals (don't look at last week it was b-day week) I cut my sodas nearly completely out of my diet other than a few days over the last few weeks. So when i sleep late and skip breakfast i tend to fall around 1300-1500.. under 1,000 was just yesterday..

As I re-read all the post I want to thank everyone that gave the simple answers to a simple statement. I also thank the ones that took it farther but trust me there is no way i will go into starvation mode or do i have an eating disorder. I have no plans to eat under 1,000 or even under 1200. (I would agree if it was every day under 1200)

I

Sorry, my question was meant for eecruzmd. I quoted her.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I always manage 700 a day haha I lost a stone in 2 weeks x

Well you cant fix stupid.

Or duck face for that matter.