Frustrating Breakfast

Options
I am so frustrated this morning b/c i cant figure out what to eat! I am straving and i worked out this morning but everything i want(Waffle House or Chik Fil A) spends all the calories that i have stored up. I know i cant beat myself up and every now and then it is okay to eat what i want but geesh....

Replies

• hellnokitty
    hellnokitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eating out can be a *****. Luckily I found an awesome cafe near my place that does stuff like toasted muesli and greek yoghurt- I order that, and my boyfriend gets pancakes and french fries. *kitten*.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those Waffles House waffles & Chick-Fil-A meals really rack-up the calories, there's no getting-around that! Here's hoping that you can find alternatives to those rather expensive (calorie-wise) breakfast choices. I was a Dunkin' Donuts junkie, myself - I finally forced myself to "just drive-by" on my way to work... not easy at first, but it gets better, I promise! I've been whipping-up fruit smoothies when I start jonesing for the trash breakfast, they fill you up, are sweet, not horrible when it comes to calories and knock-down the cravings.

Best of luck to you! You Can Do This!!!

PS like the above poster, I drop some plain Greek yogurt into my smoothies, really fills you up!!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Grab a greek yogurt, apple and oatmeal.

Stop eating out. Carry your meals with you.
  • Niacast
    Niacast Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Order your chic fil a and cut it in half. I had a chic fil a biscuit adn I cut in half and gave the other half to my coworker so I wouldn't eat it anyway. Then I had my bottled water and felt full. Plus if you have a big breakfast you can have a smaller dinner or lunch. You have room to play with. And you work out 2xs a day.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    get some eggs and bacon or toast :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you're on the go, Starbucks and Panera have decent oatmeal options.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many cals you have...

3 eggs, bacon and cheese on a bagel, 12oz glass of milk

2 eegs, bacon, cheese on 1 slice of toast (open face breakfast sandwich), 8oz glass of milk
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to opt for a fast food option for your breakfast? Go to the grocery store (or Starbucks) and grab a yogurt and a piece of fruit. Go to a real, sit down restaurant and have an omelet and toast, scrambled eggs or something like that.

You don't *have* to go to Waffle House or Chick Fil-a,unless that is what you truly want.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    eating out is evil...i know because im a fast food junkie........well was until i got serious about losing weight. I have had McDonalds once in the last 3 months! where as before...it would be 4-5 times a week maybe more. breakfast for me...granola bar, a yogurt, eggs and toast or like today a toaster strudel. Good Luck!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    get a waffle iron and add protein to them! i love mine :-)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I make my favorite foods at home and make them healthier.

I looooove waffles, so I make buckwheat/whole wheat ones with chia seeds or ground flaxseed.

Still use real maple syrup though. Can't kick that habit. Death to mrs. butterworth!
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I make my breakfast every morning. It's the same thing every day, but I don't get sick of it, because it fills me up, and I love having that hot breakfast in the morning. I have a flat out wrap, and make some scrambled egg whites (I use nonstick spray no butter or oil). I cut up some turkey sausage, put a piece of cheese on it, and roll it up. Protein and fiber. It really takes less than 5 minutes in the morning. I've had some variations adding diced red peppers, spinach, onions, etc. It's whatever suits your fancy.

This way, when I get to work, I can eat and feel satisfied, instead of wanting to raid the vending machines or get some greasy breakfast from the cafeteria.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eating out can be a *****. Luckily I found an awesome cafe near my place that does stuff like toasted muesli and greek yoghurt- I order that, and my boyfriend gets pancakes and french fries. *kitten*.

LOL at both your post and your name haha
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts has "healthy" options such as egg white omelet sandwiches...etc. If you are going eat out...I say look them up and see if they have anything worth trying.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Since it looks like the options are going to food places as opposed to cooking something, Try Subway. For $3, you get a 6 inch sandwich and a coffee or OJ. Ham, egg, cheese on wheat is something like 350 calories. There was a period this year where I was on a large deficit and not doing any cardio and I would hit Subway up twice a day so I could hit my number. Worked great. I know it's not Waffle House.....
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I dont see why you cant find something from those places that doesnt spend up your calories for the day. Both of those places have real food too so they are not bad choices. You worked out so eat what you want, within reason and log it.