Back to where i belong-no ref carbs/sugar

Options
I slipped over the holidays and put on 12 pds. I got back into sugar and carbs and then had the audacity to think I could eat them in control.

HELLO! I felt so lost, so tired, so weak, so depressed from the sugar and could not stop. I then went as far as to look into Nutri System, Jenny craig.. . . .

Now I know what works. What took off the last 40 pds. No refined carbs or sugar . None.

If you want a partner to commit to each day. First I commit to God and then to my MPF friends. Let me know. One day down and I already feel better. :smile: kc

Replies

• rosalie_g
    Options
    I know what you mean about the carbs. I started eating a lot more bread in moderation this last couple of weeks and I can totally see and feel the difference. I was dropping pounds very quickly prior to reintroducing so many carbs into my diet and in these last 2 weeks I have been within the same 2-3 pounds and I feel bloated and fat. I guess i'll have to lay off so much toast :frown: too bad cause I love bread.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ah, Rosalie,

I didn't think I loved bread till I learned to make banna nut bread and homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.

Oh, my Lord. Just thinking about it. Why does that stuff taste so good?

My friend says she can't take a drink or else.

I can have a glass of whatever and it doesn't matter.

So to each their own.

I want 2010 to be my year of health and I know what I have to eat to get there. I gotta do this. kc
  • jdorn929
    Options
    So I'm thinking of going this route because it seems to work for a lot of people. How much carbs and refined sugar do you allow yourself per day....or is it none at all? Some foods confuse me when trying to figure out if they are okay to eat. Is whole wheat bread and pasta allowed? I just need some direction on how to get started with this:flowerforyou:
  • katznketo
    Options
    Hi Jaime,

I got my food plan from the 12 steps program of Food Addicts Annys.

It is:
    breakfast
    2 eggs/ cottage cheese/ cheese/ plain yogurt
    1 ounce of cooked oatmeal

lunch
    4 ounces protein- fish, beef, chicken, pork
    6 ounces cooked veggie
    6 ounces salad
    lf dressing

snack - 1 ounces protein and fruit ( no bannas, manoes, pinapple too much sugar)
    Dinner
    same as lunch

Hope this helps. kc
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Hello KC....You took the words right outta my mouth....I've been logging in every day but by the end of the night I've scarfed 2000 to 3000 calories down every since Christmas! It's been my lifes curse....I must be a foodaholic I don't know what else to label it as because people always say to have a little or you'll binge...well I have a little & can't stop...it's so good. I just ate reeses peanut butter cups & wrecked my calorie counting for today AGAIN...everyday i start off good & think "hungry" comes along. :sad: :sad: :sad: I keep saying I'll start fresh tomorrow. I was doing so well...I was so happy. My ticker read 29 lbs down....then the last month or so I've gained 10 back. I was really enjoying my weight loss & could see the results then the Holidays came. I need to get back on the wagon for good this year too.

Maybe the Food-a-holics group could benefit me too? I've prayed everyday for the last 10 years to help me stay on a decent caloric intake and just finding MFP last year I've succeeded in loosing some weight FINALLY ....& now I'm spiraling out of control. With Valentines approaching & dinners out? I need to get my MOJO back!

My mother is worried for me as she was diagnosed with D2 & is on a strict no carb diet from the DR. himself. She says sugar is sooo bad for you. I can't see myself not eating sugar...I love sugar...or maybe it just loves me because I'm addicted. Geez I sound like a alcoholic:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: I need therepy:noway:
  • katznketo
    Options
    IKnowICan
    Rosalie

I have been off for a few days due to the fact that I have been not feeling well. And that I've been helping the kids with their parties and the church with a bake sale.

I am now on day 4 of no carbs/sugar/flour or any other sweetlike foods. I have had a horrible headache and sick to my stomach. I believe I am detoxing from all the crap that I ate for the holidays.

The cool thing is that I talked with my friend about being so confused about this diet and that diet. After our talk and a lot or prayer, I now know that I am addicted/ or allergic to sugar/flour/refined carbs. I know that I can't even eat sugar-free products because they trigger me. I know it is not a diet. It is now a way of life. I wish it could be otherwise, but at least I'm not asking God why I have some other problem in life. I am blessed to be eating healthy food. Lord, life could be so much worse. I am blessed. kc
  • katznketo
    Options
    I am just adding a note to my notes already. I have learned that in order to eat clean and free of sugar and bad carbs I've got to take my lunch box with me with need foods in case I get stuck. My grandson broke his arm yesterday at the park and we spent the evening from 5 to 10pm in emergency.

he's fine and I'm fine too. Cause I didn't go to the vending machine like everyone else.

But today at the park, I got low blood sugar and did't have a snack. When I got home, I ate a small bowl of raison bran which isn't bad but it is not on my program. I eat only plain oatmeal with an apple cooked with it for energy carbs. So I learned that I really got to leave my home prepared. Well, here's to all of you who want to avoid sugar'/ refined carbs and even sugar-free foods because you know it sets up cravings for more or the real thing. kc