Body By Vi

Options
Calm down I'm not attempting to sell it to you..

I have tried it and loved it. But the fact that its a giant pyramid scheme and I don't agree with the program they want you to do. (Two smoothies some snacks and a salad. Seriously not enough nutrition there) And the constant "Buy from me!" From my cousin made me stop buying it.
I also thought it was too expensive

So I've tried two different protein powders since which were actually MORE expensive.
And they were honeslty digusting. I have a 6 pound TUB of Isoflex protein powder that I hate using because it changes the texture and taste of my smoothies. And the protein just floats on top.

SO my question is what is your opinion on Body by VI? I really want to go back to it.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Calm down I'm not attempting to sell it to you..

I have tried it and loved it. But the fact that its a giant pyramid scheme and I don't agree with the program they want you to do. (Two smoothies some snacks and a salad. Seriously not enough nutrition there) And the constant "Buy from me!" From my cousin made me stop buying it.
    I also thought it was too expensive

So I've tried two different protein powders since which were actually MORE expensive.
    And they were honeslty digusting. I have a 6 pound TUB of Isoflex protein powder that I hate using because it changes the texture and taste of my smoothies. And the protein just floats on top.

SO my question is what is your opinion on Body by VI? I really want to go back to it.

Wait a minute.....you say that it's too expensive, it's a pyramind scheme, but then a few lines later you want to go back to it? I'm confused.....

Maybe you just need to try some different powders. I like Body Fortress from Walmart. It's $15 for a huge tub and pretty comparable to some GNC products, nutrition wise. Or you could just get your protein from food. A little planning and you don't need a supplement at all.

Or go back to spending way to much on overpriced shakes. It's your money - so it's up to you.
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I only want to go back to it because I like the taste so much more
    Not to do the pyramid scheme thing ( I buy mine off ebay not off the site)
    I just really enjoy a protein shake for breakfast or snack or whatever but I really hate the taste of the last few I've tried
  • 2cuddles
    Options
    I agree with LoraF83, the Body Fortress from Walmart is a good price and it tastes great with fruit mixed in.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine got me into using it, and I love the taste. I don't follow their program at all. I use it like a protein shake when I do take it or as a I got to go meal.

The shake is FILLED with nutrients that are good for your body. So using it as a meal replacement, quick before gym snack etc is just like any other protein shake.
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I did a 90 day challenge and lost over 20 lbs. HOWEVER, I've seen better results from eating better, using GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 and lifting!!! Body by Vi is a good product but in my opinion (valid since I've used it) it's not something that should be used long term if you're serious about fitness and nutrition.
  • betsymichaud12
    Options
    I use Shakeology. It is more expensive but I compared nutrition labels with Vi and it is considerably better. I have tried Isoflex, and agree, it's horrible. Have not tried the Walmart product. Taste is not as important to me - it's nutrition, calories and protein.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between meal replacement shakes and post workout nutrition/protein shakes. If you do not understand this you have a lot more research you need to do before you should be making any decisions.
  • phebeellen
    phebeellen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying Body By Vi, I felt the same way about the cost.
    Going to try the Body Fortress from walmart. Why not try the cheaper one first. Thanks for your advise.
  • cthon98
    Options
    Quest Bars. They're delicious protein bars with a load of good stuff, high fibre, high protein, low sugar, low carb, gluten free, come in a ton of great flavors, taste AWESOME, and fill you. They fill me, anyways. I eat one for breakfast.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    First, NO im not a consultant... but if you find the RIGHT consultant.. you can buy it whenever you want. Opt out of their website, and dont join their FB groups & you have no worries. If they call, tell them NOT to call you again, that if you want it, you will buy it. Simple as that. They only push it on you because you let them. I have an amazing consultant and we have an understanding.

Do what works for YOU. I used it, but not all the time. I use it when im hungry and need to go to the grocery store.. I keep a shaker cup in my car with powdered milk & the shake mix.. and use it when i REALLY wanna stop at the drive through while in town. I use it to help me make better choices. It works for me, so i use it. The flavor is MUCH better than some of the others I have tried.

Dont worry with what other people thing, and remember, they are only pushy if you let them. Do what makes YOU feel better & what works for you. <3
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If your just looking for a protein shake then I would do the Body Fortress at Walmart as well. It's taste is pretty good and it mixes well. I use Herbalife and I use it for the nutrition it has in it. Plus I get to eat!! I drink two shakes a day (one for breakfast and usually one at night for a bedtime snack). I eat meals at lunch and dinner and I snack as well. My diary is open. Go take a look if you want. Whatever you decide to do, it has to be something you WILL do. I don't care so much about brand. Taste and usability are what will win out in the end. Good luck!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. It is more expensive but I compared nutrition labels with Vi and it is considerably better. I have tried Isoflex, and agree, it's horrible. Have not tried the Walmart product. Taste is not as important to me - it's nutrition, calories and protein.

That depends on where you are "matching labels" both companies make the opposite sound a lot worse than what they are.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump (on Quest bars)
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I only want to go back to it because I like the taste so much more
    Not to do the pyramid scheme thing ( I buy mine off ebay not off the site)
    I just really enjoy a protein shake for breakfast or snack or whatever but I really hate the taste of the last few I've tried

Have you tried any of the shakes by Andrew Lessman? I really like his pina colada shake. It's good with water, or for more yummyness you can add pineapple juice. www.procapslabs.com
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress contains creatine, which can lead to water retention. I would not recommend it. It is exclusively for Post Workout Nutrition and creatine intake should be limited greatly. The people recommending it have no idea what they're talking about. You do NOT use a shake mix containing creatine as a meal replacement. End of.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I say save your money and eat real food.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it .. I did the shake twice a day for a week and stopped.

I couldn't get the damn thing to not taste like cake no matter what I put in it! Also, with adding ANY ingredient, of course, you're adding calories = fail.

I'm not saying it's a horrible product - I know some people that love the stuff. It just wasn't for me. I'd rather eat clean and enjoy my food than have a phobia of cake for the rest of my life - giggles!

Cheers!
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use Idealshape and love it. The taste is great and it helps me get some of the nutrients that my body won't absorb. Good luck to you.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    PS - they do have amazing motivational speakers and some great support online/offline! Too bad the product didn't work out for me..
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I really like the Slimfast 3-2-1 powder shakes. I have been making them with warm skim milk and drinking them like hot cocoa in the morning. It keeps me full until lunch - with a string cheese. The container is around $7.