1200 daily cals doesn't sound like enough?

Options
My daily calorie limit read 1200, that doesn't sound like enough to me? Or am I wrong? I don't want to not take in enough calories to slow down my metabolism...?

What do you think?

I am 68kg, 174cm and try to walk for 40 minutes 5-6 days (doesnt normally happen though)

Replies

• ollypennie
    ollypennie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I had the exact same reaction, tho i have been living on 1200 cals since the 6th January and been consistently loosing at least 2lb a week, so it can be done. Feel free to look at my diary. I have had a couple of bad days mainly wednesday past but apart from that been quite happy with 1200 cals.
  • geminijojo82
    Options
    It's not easy at first but 1200 is doable. I found at first so I didn't feel hungry I found things I liked that were low calorie so I could have a bit more after a week or so of that. I was able to eat healthy portions of most things and still feel full. You can do it.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Some one posted the exact same thing yesterday. If you look back through you should find some help!

Good luck x
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have bumped yesterdays for you. SHboss has some excellent advice on there too x
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    please post your numbers. 1200 calories isn't for everyone, lets see if we can't see if it's a good choice for you.

by numbers I mean: height, weight, activity level, any medical conditions or medications you are on, types of exercise, amounts of exercise per day and week. Ahh...anything else you think may be relevant.
  • grimsley6902
    grimsley6902 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    can you add the calories you burn at gym say your to have 1200 then burn 450 can you add that to your calories for the day
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    When I first joined a month ago I thought there was no way I could survive on 1200 calories. When those calories come from healthy well balanced meals and snacks I find that most days I am under my calorie goal. The days I exercise are even worse at times. I know i am losing weight though by looking at the scale and find that I am rarely if ever hungry except in the morning, and late night when I get home from work ( work 3 nights a week), but I chalk that up to wind down hunger.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Are you adding your exercise to your exercise journal when you walk? It should give you extra cals for the days you exercise. I eat 1200 when I don't exercise and about 1300 when I do. That seems to work for me as I have lost nearly 10 pounds in a month.
  • tashanlouie
    Options
    Hya ive been eating 1200 cals a day and have been losing 2lbs each week.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

When I came here I was 157 and 5'7+
    When I plugged in my numbers, my goal was 1200 cals but FOR ME I just knew that wasn't enough..and I could not cut my cals that drastically
    I am a SAHM and I didn't work out at the time but chased around my 2 small toddlers
    I decided on 1490 at first then planned to reduce my cals as I got used to a healthier way of eating
    Good news was I reached my goal and nevr reduced my cals
    Soooo, I think the set formula doesn't always work for everyone...