Debate at work: how many men can braid?

Options
I say a lot of men! Maybe not hair... But leathers... Other items?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I fish with braid from time to time...does that count?
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I can! You can thank boy scouts and years of church camp arts and crafts making lanyards for that. I have braided my darling daughters hair quite a few times, although not the greatest but she likes it!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    lol omg. So funny this came up. I was watching TV with my bf last night, I had my head on his chest and I can feel him playing with hair.

...He was braiding it. And was QUITE proud of the braid that he had made. So yes. My man can braid.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I braid my daughters hair as well.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think I can. A better question might be who can braid well. Definitely not me.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I can tell you my husband...can NOT. I'm proud when he can rangle our daughter's hair into a low ponytail! She's 3 with waist long hair (picture in my profile). I'm the hairdresser in our family! LOL
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I can braid. All types of hair. Actually, I can even do adequate corn rows. Worked at an emergency shelter for kids for two years. It was a home environment, I had to learn that stuff.
  • Invictus195
    Options
    I raised my daughter...braids, how to shave legs and armpits...which feminine hygiene products to buy...I'm REALLY in touch with my "inner mommy" =b
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I can't fishtail braid my own hair (because I never understand how to do it despite trying numerous times haha) so if I want it, my boyfriend happily does it for me!
  • brent44622
    Options
    I can do it, but my wife is so much better at it than me. On mornings when mom is unavailable, its typically a pony tail day.
  • karynspeace
    Options
    lol omg. So funny this came up. I was watching TV with my bf last night, I had my head on his chest and I can feel him playing with hair.

...He was braiding it. And was QUITE proud of the braid that he had made. So yes. My man can braid.

FUNNY! That is how it came up here at work!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My hubby cannot braid. We have four daughters, so I've tried to teach him before. He has never gotten the hang of it.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My bf swears he can though I've never seen it first hand. Might be time to put him to the test!! lol
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my dad- who was blessed (<haha) with 3 gorgeous (<haha) daughters, can absolutely braid like a pro! nothing too fancy, not the french style, or fishtail--but he can make yr basic braid perfectly! <3<3n- (however, my husband, couldn't braid if you offered him a cool mill- but i betcha he'd try--)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I think most men can. I honestly don't think I've met a guy who cant. Hmmm interesting
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I haven't for quite a while, but I know I can.
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    I'm a leather crafter. So I can braid. I've only tried braiding hair a couple of times, tho.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have two daughters ... so yes I can braid
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use to have long hair, 36" from my neck down. I grew it out twice in my life. Never learned to braid it though. There was no shortage of women in my life that would do it for me. Mom, Aunts, cousins, wife, girlfriends, ect....
  • STC189
    STC189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My Dad taught me how to french braid hair when I was a kid. He was just messing around with my Mom's hair one day and figured it out on his own.