HotSauce on everything?

Options
Throughout my years of wrestling in highschool my coaches always preached hotsauce and jalapeno peppers on everything. Do spicy foods actually speed up your metabolism? In my own experience it's always seemed to work, i'm just wondering what you guys think.

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    No
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think the metabolism speeding angle is total bollucks, but I could buy in to that it limits how much you eat if you make it super hot. That being said, HOT SAUCE ON EVERYTHING FTW!!

(Because I love it, not for any special powers it has)
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eating red chili peppers can make your body burn more calories. A meal that contains capsaicins, like a bowl of chili, can raise your metabolic rate by eight percent. In addition, according to a study published in "Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry" in 2007, people who ate capsinoids, a capsaicin analogues, had increased fat oxidation rate. As a result, capsinoid and capsaicin intake could enhance energy consumption and fat burning and help in weight loss.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424371-about-hot-sauce-to-boost-metabolism/#ixzz27mjdV4nA

AND ITS DELISH !!! I put hot sauce or chile on just about everything i eat ! YUM
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into it but I still put hot sauce on everything because it has like no calories and I love spicy! Ketchup on my fries? NOPE hot sauce. :D
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I think the metabolism speeding angle is total bollucks, but I could buy in to that it limits how much you eat if you make it super hot. That being said, HOT SAUCE ON EVERYTHING FTW!!

This. I love hot sauce and buy things just to put it on them.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I believe that capsaicin is an appetite suppressant, making you want to eat less. And it's tasty.
  • matthewlamere
    matthewlamere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks guys, i love hotsauce and it just became a habbit back in highschool to eat it on everything. By the way anyone who's looking for new friends i accept everyone and i respond to any message be it question or random hello. :)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about helping to lose weight but I put it on pretty much everything because I like the taste and like it hot!
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I put jalapeno and hot sauce on almost everything, doubt it has *too* much effect on calorie burning, maybe about as much as drinking ice cold water.

And avocado, but that's a different story.

Edit: Watch the sodium in jalapeno if you're worried about water retention/blood pressure
  • sadein
    Options

I have at least four different types of hot sauce in the fridge. I'm also a jalapeno addict. My daughter says I've burned out my taste-buds. If it does somehow speed up the metabolism it's a bonus.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm sure rhianna sweres by it, I did read it in a magazine tho
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't know about weight loss help, but it can sure clear out your sinuses when suffering from a head cold. :laugh: I love it for that.
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love hot sauce!!!!! If there are benefits that's even better!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Not sure about speeding up your metabolism but I'm turning into a hot sauce addict lately and seem to put it on everything...Sriracha, Tabasco, franks if I only have that..
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce on everything? Yes, please! Because that's how I roll, not because it has any super calorie burning powers. I keep a small bottle of Frank's in my work desk. You never know when you're going to need Frank's!
  • jessepants
    jessepants Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    virtually no calories and tons of flavor...one of the easiest changes to make is to swap hot sauce and/or mustard in place of fatty condiments like oils, mayo, etc. most people can easily shave a couple hundred calories a day that way
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce on everything? Yes, please! Because that's how I roll, not because it has any super calorie burning powers. I keep a small bottle of Frank's in my work desk. You never know when you're going to need Frank's!

YES. I do the same thing. lol.
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    http://www.besthealthmag.ca/eat-well/healthy-eating/why-spicy-food-is-good-for-you

If this article's sources are accurrate there are a lot of possible health benefits to eating spicier food - hot sauce specifically I would watch the salt even if it doesn't have a lot of calories.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Eating red chili peppers can make your body burn more calories. A meal that contains capsaicins, like a bowl of chili, can raise your metabolic rate by eight percent. In addition, according to a study published in "Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry" in 2007, people who ate capsinoids, a capsaicin analogues, had increased fat oxidation rate. As a result, capsinoid and capsaicin intake could enhance energy consumption and fat burning and help in weight loss.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424371-about-hot-sauce-to-boost-metabolism/#ixzz27mjdV4nA

AND ITS DELISH !!! I put hot sauce or chile on just about everything i eat ! YUM

What ^^^ she said....but since I don't like hot sauce or hot food Sweet Baby Rays ON EVERYTHING lol