It Works! body wraps

Options
They are starting to pick up steam in my region...was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with them. Success or Horror stories?

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've never tried these (mostly because they are $25/wrap :noway: ). I also hate companies that prey on peoples desire for a quick fix. Hard work pays off and is more rewarding. I've tried finding information on these things and I've noticed that most of the people that defend that these wraps really do work, are distributors themselves. I'd like to read some real reviews on this too but I still would never use them. I'm just curious like a cat.:tongue:
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Meow :indifferent:
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't think we have these in the UK. Possibly because we have stronger regulation around advertising scams?
  • dhoddy
    Options
    I've actually been very curious! I know they aren't supposed to be used as a quick fix and make you instantly thin, but I have heard that they're good for tightening the skin. How temporary is it? I, like many people losing weight, have pretty loose skin right now. I was pretty curious about trying a wrap to see if it can tighten me up at all. I know it's temporary, but I'm just curious! :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The only way I could imagine it could help you lose weight is through water loss via sweating. Aka dehydration.
    As for the claims that you lose inches, I'd imagine that's only because the wrap is so tight. Aka short term effect.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    They cause temporary water loss in that area. They do not burn FAT by any means, which, hey, isn't that what you REALLY want?

Everyone is too busy looking for a quick fix rather than putting in the work... That said... They DO temporarily allow you to lose water weight. If you're going to say a wedding and have to fit into a dress... why not?

Again though... not fat loss... just temporary ;)

I believe there was another post about this in the past with before/afters.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    You see, it's not really taking off fat. It's simply water weight, and water retention. So basically, it's not reducing your WEIGHT at all, it's just reducing your inches.

http://expertscolumn.com/content/body-wraps-biggest-internet-scam-yet

http://www.ripoffreport.com/weightloss-programs/it-works-body-wraps/it-works-body-wraps-it-works-dfa86.htm
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    A lot of girls I'm friends with on instagram sell them and post before/after photos. They aren't a "quick" fix, but are supposed to suck the toxins and bad stuff out of your fat. They get rid of a lot of bloat and can make you lose a couple inches. I've heard a lot of positive reviews from them! I was going to try one but never got around to it. $25 for a wrap isn't too bad and they have special packages you can get for discounted prices. I say try it if you want!! Also a lot of the ppl who say they didn't see results didn't follow the instructions correctly...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    A lot of girls I'm friends with on instagram sell them and post before/after photos. They aren't a "quick" fix, but are supposed to suck the toxins and bad stuff out of your fat.

This is a rather bold claim that, unfortunately, has no truth to it.
    EDIT: I realize you are just passing on the message, and I don't direct my comments AT you, but at the information provided.
    They get rid of a lot of bloat and can make you lose a couple inches. I've heard a lot of positive reviews from them! I was going to try one but never got around to it. $25 for a wrap isn't too bad and they have special packages you can get for discounted prices. I say try it if you want!! Also a lot of the ppl who say they didn't see results didn't follow the instructions correctly...

It is a blatant scam for reasons described in previous replies in this thread.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    A friend of mine used to sell these. She says Preparation H and saran wrap have the exact same effect. Only a quick fix, but not really a bad idea if you are looking to fit into a date night outfit or something...
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    They do not work! The best way to lose weight or inches is to eat healthy and exercise. :smile:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I do enough stupid things in my life without trying. So when I see obviously stupid things, such as body wraps, I ignore them. When I see other people take them seriously, I shake my head and laugh. And maybe cry a little for humanity.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Spend money on a quick, temporary fix or put in the hard work for lasting results?
    Since I'm poor, I have to go with hard work. :wink:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You couldn't PAY me to do that. The thought alone terrifies me.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I think Gas X and Immodium get rid of bloat and they are a lot less expensive.
  • JenileeHorn
    JenileeHorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have started using the wraps three weeks ago. I am down 2 pants size and down 15lbs. It's not water weight. You have to drink TONS of water while wearing the wrap and over the next 3 days. I drink about a gallon of water a day when doing the wraps. They work by detoxing you. The first time I did one, I did not drink enough water and my lymph nodes swelled up like crazy! Even after that incident, I loved the results so much that after the first week I started selling the stuff.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have started using the wraps three weeks ago. I am down 2 pants size and down 15lbs. It's not water weight. You have to drink TONS of water while wearing the wrap and over the next 3 days. I drink about a gallon of water a day when doing the wraps. They work by detoxing you. The first time I did one, I did not drink enough water and my lymph nodes swelled up like crazy! Even after that incident, I loved the results so much that after the first week I started selling the stuff.

Screen name: JennyItWorks

Seems legit.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's just another "quick fix" scam. I tried them after having my daughter, because a family member was hosting a party. I really wish I had done more research on them before. Like previous people have said, it only really gets rid of water retention.

I had a "professional" wrap me and I lost 6.5 inches.... They all came back by the next day when I re-measured. Honestly, I don't know if I even really lost those inches or if they did somehting to trick everyone. However, it did lighten my stretchmarks up.

I also have three family members who signed up for their 3 month commitment thing so they can get a discount on the wraps. One didn't even recieve one of her shippment and all have tried to cancel the autoshippment after the three months and had one heck of a time trying to cancel it. Took like 3-6 months for each one of them and getting a return on the unwanted products is a joke.

I say save you money and buy some fruit and veggies, thow out the soda, and go for a nice jog instead.

But that's just my humble opinion.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    They are starting to pick up steam in my region...was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with them. Success or Horror stories?
    I girl I used to know sells these, and she posted tons of "evidence" of how well they work. I thought the pictures were gross, and I ended up hiding her from my news feed. Yes, the pictures made fat girls look a little less fat, but it also made their cellulite more defined. It wasn't attractive.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I used to use a similar process to cut weight for competitions. It's just water, you gain it back.

Renal failure is fun, I say go for it.
This discussion has been closed.