Replies

• AnitaRose72
    AnitaRose72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oldies

You are the first person to say that.... LOL
  • lmdee73
    Options
    I was shocked this morning as I was driving to work. I was listening to a radio station that was playing Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, and the Doors etc.... Then as it went to commercial the radio station announced that they were our local only OLDIES radio station. I am only 40 years old and I have to say that there is a definite line between Classic Rock and the Oldies!! I was floored! Now in your opinion, what would you consider these groups to be???

Funny you bring this up.....I was scrolling through Itunes last night and Bon Jovi, Def Leppard and the like are all listed under the "Classic Rock" genre. Our "oldies" station is also playing songs by these artists. I also just had this conversation with some co-workers. If 80s music is now "classic", what does that make the 50s & 60s? Prehistoric?????

:laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Both.

Oldies are songs that are at least 15 years old, which scares the *kitten* out of me because that's all the crap from the 1990s (most of it I hate).

It sucks, but you're old and so is your favorite music. :/
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    Classic Rock.. and I am 18!!
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say Classic Rock. I had a wake up call the other day that was scary. I was looking for videos on youtube from some of my favorite bands from the late 80's and early 90's. The comments from other people were stuff like, "i love old school music."

I was like "old school" I'm only 34.
  • AnitaRose72
    Options
    Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Chicago, Bee Gee's.... I LOVE THIS OLDIES STATION! I would have to say Chicago has always been my favorite!!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Classic rock is my favorite. Kind of scary thinking nirvana and bands in the 90's are starting to fall under that category now. Huge Pink Floyd fan too, I wasn't lucky enough to see the band play live together but I have seen Roger Waters do Darkside of the moon and the Wall, and both were incredible.

I saw Roger Waters "The Wall" back in the summer. Best concert ever!

Yeah that was probably my favorite concert ever. I'm still mad about missing his Fenway park concert this summer. Tom Petty puts on some great concerts too, if your a fan of him. I've seen him 6 times now
  • AnitaRose72
    Options
    Classic rock is my favorite. Kind of scary thinking nirvana and bands in the 90's are starting to fall under that category now. Huge Pink Floyd fan too, I wasn't lucky enough to see the band play live together but I have seen Roger Waters do Darkside of the moon and the Wall, and both were incredible.

I saw Roger Waters "The Wall" back in the summer. Best concert ever!

Yeah that was probably my favorite concert ever. I'm still mad about missing his Fenway park concert this summer. Tom Petty puts on some great concerts too, if your a fan of him. I've seen him 6 times now

My first concert was Judas Priest and Cinderella. I never smoked anything before but I came out of that place higher than a kite! Amazing concert except for the fact that Cinderella should have been the main act! My favorite concert of all times was the Scorpions concert! They really kicked butt!!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    classic rock 100%.