over on fat :(

Options
I have just gone over my 'allotted' amount of fat, with a bit of olive oil!!

I seriously wasnt' expecting that!

I am not too worried because i am breastfeeding and most of that is fat (something MFP doesn't seem to recongise and just puts it in as calories) but seriously! how are you supposed to prepare decent food without oil?

Its cold-pressed organic olive oil because i have heard that is easier to digest, but how do i get away from that?

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    What are you macros set at?
    Why are you trying to avoid fat? Were you over by a ton?
    Hit your calorie and protein goal...pay less attention to fat and carb without overdoing it.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    In your food settings, just change 'Fat' to 'Saturated Fat' and don't go over that.
    Healthy Fats are fine. It's the Saturated fats ya' gotta watch for.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Eating fat doesn't make you fat.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    seems like a low percentage of your calories are coming from fat, but you need a certain amount of healthy fat, better for your body and how it runs...

Did you eat the entire 3 tablespoons, or rather, did you use all that for just your food, or was it to prepare more than one meal...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Dietary fat is not related to the amount of body fat you have. Don't worry about it. :)
  • SlimSlow15
    SlimSlow15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're only over by a little. From your diary, it looks like it averages out. Some days you're a little over, some days you're under. If you eat 2 days' worth of fat in one day, and no fat the next day...it's no different than eating normal rations of fat over 2 days. Well, except you might end up digesting less of it, in which case your body wouldn't absorb all of it. But in general, it wouldn't make a difference.

I don't focus too much on getting exactly X amount of fat or carbs or calories. I get somewhere around where I want, and it tends to average out.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    i've only just started putting olive oil on though

Usually i use olive oil for cooking the food, frying it generally recently as we have been having falafal and bhaji's and stuff

I have heard deep frying very hot is better because less fat gets sucked into the actual product, which is interesting but makes sense.

I think had i included the oil used to cook the meal each day (though obviously much of that evaporates/is thrown away after the cooking, i would be over on fat every day.
  • SlimSlow15
    SlimSlow15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think you're overthinking :) a little olive oil isn't going to affect anything. If you're deep frying foods every day, that's probably an issue. If you're using olive oil to cook something a few times a week, it's nothing to worry about. Focus more on calories, unless your doctor or dietitian said that you need to consume less fat?
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think you're overthinking :) a little olive oil isn't going to affect anything. If you're deep frying foods every day, that's probably an issue. If you're using olive oil to cook something a few times a week, it's nothing to worry about. Focus more on calories, unless your doctor or dietitian said that you need to consume less fat?

Thanks x

we have been eating a lot of stuff that needs frying but is WAY healthier than the old stuff we were making!

Homemade falafal, that sort of thing :)