Sugar from fruit

Options
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the sugars that come from fruit. I was looking at my nutritional breakdown over the last couple of weeks and noticed that almost everyday I was going over on sugar. But, when I looked at where the sugar was coming from almost all of it was coming from fruit. I am staying within my calories and losing weight, plus getting a good amount of protein. I wanted to get some opinions on wether or not 2 - 3 servings of fruit a day is too much?

Replies

• DiannaPosey88
    Options
    I don't think it's too much! Unless you're like me then it's a no no I'm a diabetic and fruit is really bad for me. If your not then fruit is good for you and you can run off the sugar
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    No, 2-3 is not too much. I get closer to 5-6 servings from fruit every day. True that fruit is fructose but fructose with fiber is ok. I wouldn't drink straight fruit juice with no fiber or anything though. Fruit is full of antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, etc. I say eat up!
  • DiannaPosey88
    Options
    so true I left that out:)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    fruit = fructose + fiber this counts as a complex carb and, generally, does not cause big fluctuations in blood sugar.

If your sugar is coming from simple carbs that's when it becomes a concern, particularly for diabetics. Generally, diabetics should be watching carbs and not just sugar.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. That's where my thinking was, but wanted to get a few more opinions. I hardly ever drink fruit juice as I would rather eat the fruit. Less calories and more filling than the juice.