dining out...help!

Ok, so me, my fiance, and another couple are planning a night out, and they suggested to go to eat at a Japanese hibachi restaurant, where they cook on the grill in front of you. I am so scared of messing my diet up, or getting off pace, any suggestions on what to order so I can still enjoy myself and not do to much calorie damage? :-/

Replies

• ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Don't stress to much about it. You can eat out and still be good on calories. One thing I would say that I see a lot of people doing is they eat a lot of little things with little to no calories in it until they go out. So basically their saving a lot of calories for dinner. Another thing is size out a portion of whatever you order and put the rest in a to go box and leave it alone. That way your not consuming the whole thing just enough to get you through the night out. Hope this helps :) Have fun!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Lay off the noodles and rice, fill up on the vegetables and lean protein. Other than that, relax and have fun!
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    what about white rice instead of fried?
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    They put a ton of garlic butter and soy sauce in the fried rice...

Usually I'll go with chicken, at the one we go to you get a couple shrimp as an appetizer. So worth the splurge on calories!
  • Phatgirl420
    so, the white rice is just steamed then, right? No added butter or anything?
  • Very little if you do, you don't want to deprive yourself and you don't want to eat to much:)
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Eat half and take the other half home.
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    The place by me has awesome scallops on the hibachi Med. Rare tuna & steak are also lean protein other than the go to chicken. Go light on the rice it's a carb bomb no matter what. Fill up on veggies,
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    As far as I know, it's just steamed. I have to confess that the last time I went I got the fried rice, just ate half...not the healthiest but was so tasty. And for me it was worth the calories.

Did you check the one you're going to? Maybe you could scope out some of the calorie counts ahead of time, just so you go in prepared.
  • Start your meal with some miso soup...it's delish and it will help you feel full faster...And like Denise - I'm always online checking out calories and ingredients if I can before I go out....
  • Phatgirl420
    yea, I tried to see if they had a website but couldn't find anything, but thx for all of the great tips friends! :)