hey there.....new buddies? :)

Options
MFP newbie here!

I have about 140lbs to lose. I lost 45lbs before doing HCG injections under doctor supervision but then after I finished a round I went on vacation......and I got lazy and little by little started to eat like before (crazy sized portions, constant fast food super sized, etc) and put that back on and a little bit more.

Now I'm back bc I'm wayyyy too big. Not only is shopping frustrating, but more importantly -- I have hypertension. It's well controlled with medication but when i had lost that little bit of weight before, I didn't even need medication for it anymore). Other than that I'm healthy -- at the moment. But if I keep this up, it won't always be that way. My mom was adopted (doesn't know her family history) and although she's obese (I'm technically well into "morbidly obese"), she had a stroke at 39 years old and a small heart attack before 49. Granted she has other risk factors for both that I don't have, but......I can't follow in her footsteps.

So now I need to adopt more healthy habits. And I'm doing it a little at a time......at time, frustratingly slow ;) I've set myself to only 1/2 lb/week and minimum exercise FOR NOW so I can start to establish better habits.

I knew some other people already who were using MFP (and are fairly active), but I'd like to add more people who are in the same journey.

Replies

• justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Welcome to MFP!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want!

I hope you achieve your goals!
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Time to turn that corner and not look back! You can do it...one step at a time. Every day is a new opportunity to move in the right direction.
  • ROWinCO
    Options
    Good luck with your road to better health! You can add me if you would like, I am fairly new and can always use more friends!
  • pinksirose
    Options
    Hi you are welcome to add me, and message. This is a very encouraging place, just start logging and keep logging. If you have a phone that can download APPS, its a great help to be able to remind yourself to log in :)
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of friendly people here to help you make your goals, Add me if you like.
  • mlynwyn
    mlynwyn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me hun! This place is awesome soo much motivation! Love it!!!
  • Kattcooper
    Options
    Welcome back MFP!!! ;-)
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "If you don't want to keep starting over, stop giving up." This saying keeps me going....welcome to MFP!
  • alleviator
    Options
    I joined MFP a little under 2 weeks ago, so I am very new here, but please feel free to add me if you'd like. :)