Help please....

Options
tdaddybarlow
tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
I need your help...You see my anniversary is in 2 weeks and have no clue what to get my wife. The problem is I'm married to a practical, frugal, never wanting for anything type of woman so it makes the task of finding that perfect gift that much harder. So here i am on bended ask for your help.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    get a box...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Get her another girl... tell her you used a coupon.. win/win :wink:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am more for experiences than things. Get her a massage, or maybe some kind of classes she is interested in, something like that.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

will you talk with my husband in about 10 months? thanks.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I think Im in love with you..
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am more for experiences than things. Get her a massage, or maybe some kind of classes she is interested in, something like that.

I like this. Maybe plan a whole day just for you and her taking into consideration what you know she enjoys. Take her on a quick trip somewhere, book a hotel for a night or two.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    2 years? I say get her a ball gag. Then she really can't say no.
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

This is what I was thinking also....massage....mani/pedi....:)
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

will you talk with my husband in about 10 months? thanks.

Love this!
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A Spa Retreat Day, Flowers (include a silk flower), Dinner (cooked in or dine out), Dancing.

If that fails, a cruise will do!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    get a box...

Is this the box that The Loney Island sings about??
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How long have you been married?

My husband always does traditional gifts. For instance....1st anniversary is paper 2nd is cotton.

For our 1st anniversary he had a romance novel made where we were the characters. Even has our wedding picture on the cover. I thought it was very thoughtful because I love to read romance novels.

2nd year he was less romantic...I guess the honeymoon wore off...he got me a purple tshirt. He had this printed on it: Its our 2nd Anniversary and all I got was this lousy tshirt. (I thought it was funny and I love to wear it!)
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    get a box...

hahaha ;D
  • JNC1987
    Options
    thats what i was thinking they ment too...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Take her on an all day date...if she likes outdoorsy fun then go on a long drive and have a picnic

Antique shopping...sometimes you can get something really cool for almost nothing!

She probably thinks about the cost of things verses the practicality of the item....so look on Pinterest for some great practical gifts...or on Etsy...for something handmade...and awesome!!

It really depends on what she likes.. Take her window shopping at her favorite store...if you've noticed her looking at particular things...surprise her with it!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    For anniversaries I'm about what my wife likes, I always get something with our wedding colors in it, be it a card, flowers, I made her a Beaded Necklace, I found socks striped with our colors...I know there is a restaurant she likes and it's not my favorite but I go for her, I always take her to the fountain I proposed at, we have a place that has the perfect popcorn so I always stop there on the way home. Then she gets a nice long bubble bath with massage. I make it all about her..
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    How long have you been married?

My husband always does traditional gifts. For instance....1st anniversary is paper 2nd is cotton.

For our 1st anniversary he had a romance novel made where we were the characters. Even has our wedding picture on the cover. I thought it was very thoughtful because I love to read romance novels.

2nd year he was less romantic...I guess the honeymoon wore off...he got me a purple tshirt. He had this printed on it: Its our 2nd Anniversary and all I got was this lousy tshirt. (I thought it was funny and I love to wear it!)

This will be our 4th year of marriage. And GO STEELERS by the way!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I gave this to my husband on our first anniversary (paper) since we were married on the beach in St. Thomas and had a perfectly clear view of the sky it was perfect! Though obviously your story isn't mine it could work for you.

http://indigonight.com/

You pick a date: wedding, day you met, day you got engaged, date your child(ren) were born, graduation...whatever! and they will find the EXACT constellation for that date and you pick a location somewhere in the world to go with it and personalize it with suggested quotes or something all your own. They print it, frame it mail it and you are the best!

"Give us a date and location — we’ll recreate that night sky on a beautiful print. This is a local view of the true sky of that night for any date, at any location. The night sky print is an exceptional remembrance."

Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    get her some kind of house central organization area - a desk or something to set up part of the house just for bills and budgets and goal setting and phone numbers and recipes and lists and adventures and tracking stuff - like her very own little command zone :) - translate that into her personality and see what the magic 8 ball in your head comes up with :)
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Go for a beautiful hike. Make her a picnic lunch. Lay in the field of wildflowers and ask her about her dreams!!! LISTEN!!!