Need a new kitchen knife,what kitchen knife do you love?

Options
13»

Replies

• yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Get a good Chef's knife or Santoku knife. I like Global.

317603e.jpg

Same ones I have, I love them!

those are fantastic knives for the price.

but because i'm a girl and like things all pretty, i collect these :
    DaoG4.jpg
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    remember the old Ginsu knives from 20 years ago? I got a pair for my wedding 20 years go.. sharpen them once a year and they are just as razor sharp as the day i got them. incredible.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    wusthof or henckels
    LOVE either of these! Must have 8 " chef's knife, bread knife, and tomato knife! = D Suppose the tomatoes could be cut with the bread knife!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love my set of Wusthof !
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    SOG Flash II
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love my wusthof knife - the bread knife cuts tomatoes like a DREAM - I use the Sontuku knife for everything else. Go to Williams Sonoma and ask to hold the different knives. I liked some handles better than others - it's a personal thing.

Wusthof has a lifetime warranty. One of my handles cracked and they sent a replacement.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Also, read up on the difference between hammered steel and stamped steel blades. Some are more fragile than others. I'm kind of hard on things, so I opted away from hammered steel. It's beautiful though.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    For a good chef knife I would go with Japan made over German made. For set's I'm really not sure. Shun's are cool but I end up USING my Global and just LOOK at my Shun.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    wusthof or henckels

^^ This. I have both and they are great. Just keep them sharp....and watch your fingers!! :sad:
  • BarbACona
    Options
    Cutco!!!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I purchased a set of Cutco knives about six months ago and I am totally pleased.
    My Father bought his about 15 years ago and still uses them.
    My only complaint is that I was three glasses of rum into it when the guy came to sell them to me and I ended up purchasing a VERY nice K-Bar that I really didn't need (but love anyway)