When to give up the baggy clothes.

Options

Replies

• rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We have a fantastic Goodwill store near my house. I shop there for my daughter because she grew like a foot in one year. Since I am starting to be too small for the jeans I usually wear I was thinking of getting some from there. Couple of dollars for a used/broken in pair of jeans that I won't feel bad if I need to get rid of.
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Head to eBay - there are new clothes as well as used - lots of last seasons stock etc - it's great!
  • trance79
    trance79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Goodwill! and the occassional splurge :)
  • Brandi0418
    Options
    Kohl's clearance racks are great! Especially if the clothes are on ultimate (not the tech term) clearance. I got an awesome shirt there for $8 a few months back. But Marshalls, TJMaxx, and Ross are great!

Love Kohl's clearance racks! Great quality clothes for cheap!
  • pocketmel
    Options
    You are asking alot from me when it comes to getting rid of baggy clothes, Firstly, I gained weight because I resorted to baggy clothes (even with a belt) because tight clothes make me look like the Pillsboury doughboy with a muffin top!:tongue: I am 4'11 and I feel cursed. Baggypants hide the fat and they don't make me look as short..well not to me. I haven't lost weight yet since I just started yesterday but when it gets to that point, it will be a hard decisionto make.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I go to the thrift and buy clothes from 70cents-$4... I also hit yard sales :) I love baggy clothes though. I did sell off some of my more expensive "fat jeans" though.
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just bought a few cheap clothes to hold me over. I plan on going on a huge spree when I get to my goal...
  • jhavila
    Options
    For me there is a self-esteem factor that goes along with getting clothes that fit. I did the baggy thing for awhile until one day I went to the store and bought the correct size (at the time). I couldn't believe how much different I looked. For the first time in a long time I felt good about myself. Of course this gets expensive so I've been hitting clearance racks exclusively. Just made Kohl's my beeyatch last weekend and got two dress shirts and two t-shirts (one was dryweave for workouts) for $31 out the door. I laughed when my receipt said I saved $108 bucks.

I say go try on clothes that fit you well and you will be so happy with yourself.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my bottoms fell half way down my bum whilst i was walking my dog yesterday. i'll be grabbing something cheap to tide me over and stop me getting arrested for indecency!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been buying a piece here and a piece there, and hitting stores like Kohls, Target, Marshall's, Ross, an TJ Maxx.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Stretchy clothes! I have stretchy jeans, wear leggings, stretchy shirts. All cute stuff not like wearing sweatpants every day or anything. Until you reach your goal and know what size you really are and can buy real clothes lol
  • joebob66
    Options
    lol, i had the same thing happen, my pants fell down when i got out of my car at work. i refuse to buy pants and shirts until i get to my goal weight, i guess the thinking is,,,,,why should i buy them now, when i will have to replace them in 6 months.
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    find a tailor! they are a really wonderful and underutilized resource!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have a few jeans that fit, they were handed down to me from my mom! Unfortunately, she went up a size and I went down quite a few so we switched pants.
    Unfortunately she did not have any dress clothes so I am currently wearing baggy clothes for work! My boss has mentioned that I need clothes that fit but I know that by the time I get a chance to wear them maybe a week or two I will be out of another size! I am aiming to lose another 20lbs by my birthday and then go on a shopping spree as a present to myself!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I have been hitting thrift stores but I guess I am in between sizes. So when I think something is going to fit and it doesn't I cry. So I would just suggest getting a few items and wear them to death until you go down to the next size
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Give up the clothes when you start to feel sloppy. Clothes that fit help keep you motivated. Consignment shops have been really the best place for me to shop...especially the high end shops--clothes I couldn't afford new...but slightly used-perfect!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Check salvation army as well in my state on Wednesday clothes are 50%off I haven't found anything yet but still looking. I probably will end up going to Walmart and buy a pair of shorts. I own 2 right now. One is a jean pair and depending on water weight they are big but still able to wear them. I really want to drop another 10 pounds then I will buy some clothes. Hopefully new bras too mine are getting too big for me. Can't wait to buy a nice one at Victoria Secret hoping by Christmas.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I am going back to work soon and will have to buy a Interview Outfit and new scrubs. My motivation will be all those cute ones I refused to give away. One of these days they will get past my knees. Buy your self something small. I am going to also. FYI Kamart and Walmart now have layaway so you could put some smaller sizes on lay a way. I just might do that myself too!
  • aletagob
    Options
    I have friends who shop at thrift stores for downsizing clothes.

Alternatively, I always buy new things. When I shrink a size, something new is my "reward!" Everyone says to reward yourself in non-food ways, such a manicure or massage, but I prefer spending the same amount of money on something new to wear. Then, when I've shrunk out of it again, I give it to Good Will and let someone else have it inexpensively before it's worn out or out of style. Mind you, I don't buy high-end clothing; I shop the sales and discount stores such as Ross, and you can buy a new pair of jeans for the same price as a manicure or or a movie outing or other types of reward. And you look good in well-fitting clothes for longer than the manicure lasts!
  • SylvieThredds
    Options
    I've gone down nearly five sizes in the last 2 years, so everything I was wearing at the start falls off me now.

I started off by sewing tucks into everything (even my bras). Luckily I have always shoved everything I've 'outgrown' up into the loft, so once tucks weren't enough a rummage up there kept me going with clothes that fit each size I've gone down. I have bought a couple of cheap trousers and T shirts, both new and from charity shops, so that I can look fairly presentable when necessary

I can still go down a couple more sizes wearing stuff from the loft, but plan to be ready to buy a new wardrobe in time for my son's wedding next summer :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!