What are your Christmas goals?

Options
Hi, I'm Zara. :flowerforyou:

Christmas is 12 weeks away! After a week of being ill and eating rubbish.. I've decided eating badly is not going to make me better, so I'm concentrating on eating good healthy foods, then getting back to my kettleworx, them the gym!

I want to lose 14lbs more for Christmas to get into the 14 stones... Ultimate goal another 24lbs for 100lbs lost
It's been a crazy year with major surgery but I'm ready to finish the year strong...

What's your Christmas goal? Hoping this will get people thinking and motivated!

Zara x:heart:

P. S... I also want to look my best in a lovely new dress, when the family see me for Christmas dinner!

Replies

• charltonspinney
    charltonspinney Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Zara , i'm Mike , this is my first post on here , so go easy! i'm aiming to lose 2 stone by Christmas , i'm up t0 10 pounds after 10 or so days , but will be even happier if i can do more.

Good luck in your pursuit , 72 pounds so far is incredible going by the way.
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10kg by Christmas! (22lbs) I've been on and off MFP for over 2 years now, and never seemed to get past 2kgs of success! Time for a change so I can enjoy a long hot summer at the beach!

(Yep I live in the part of the world that has Christmas in summer - beach BBQ's and back yard cricket are a must have!)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Hi Zara , i'm Mike , this is my first post on here , so go easy! i'm aiming to lose 2 stone by Christmas , i'm up t0 10 pounds after 10 or so days , but will be even happier if i can do more.

Good luck in your pursuit , 72 pounds so far is incredible going by the way.

Hi Mike. Wonderful goal. That is achievable if your very well behaved! Good luck with your goals. Stick with MFP I wouldn't be this far down without it! Good luck! It will all be worth it Christmas day! :-)
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 100 pounds total by Christmas....only 21 more pounds to go!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10kg by Christmas! (22lbs) I've been on and off MFP for over 2 years now, and never seemed to get past 2kgs of success! Time for a change so I can enjoy a long hot summer at the beach!

(Yep I live in the part of the world that has Christmas in summer - beach BBQ's and back yard cricket are a must have!)

Now there's an incentive! May be worth looking at your macros if you struggle to get past 2kgs... For me atleast its not just calories in and calories out my macros have to be fine tuned. Hiit has helped a lot to. Message me if you'd like more advice on what's helped. Me. Good luck! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    my goal is to lose 100 pounds total by Christmas....only 21 more pounds to go!!!

Achievable! Fight for it sweetie! You can do it! X
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Umm..to not get in a ridiculous Griswold style fight with any family members.

:flowerforyou:

(and to maintain :wink: )
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    For the divorce to be final.
  • charltonspinney
    Options
    What countries is everyone from , mainly America?
  • jenguhl
    Options
    My goal is to NOT eat all of the delicious yummies I bake every Christmas!

Good luck everyone on meeting your goals. Let's not fall victim to the holiday bulge!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My goals is to hit my goal weight of 130. Only 17 more lbs to go. Than I want to really tone up.
  • charltonspinney
    Options

Hahaa very good , i;ll have 'em if you want! :-0
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20-25 lbs by my birthday (5 days after Christmas), which is roughly 6- 8 lbs a month AND to still be able to enjoy all that yummy holiday food :)
  • I want to be about 120-130 lbs by christmas, I'm 5'8" girl and about 140-145lbs as it stands now! I'm an hourglass shape but would like to lose a little in the mid-range/thigh section!
  • My goal is to lose 20-25 lbs by my birthday (5 days after Christmas), which is roughly 6- 8 lbs a month AND to still be able to enjoy all that yummy holiday food :)

Good luck! I love that you still are including holiday yummies ;) I know it's already pointless to tell myself NOT to enjoy thanksgiving/christmas treats! Good going and good luck again!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose another 15 - 20 pounds by Nov 1st and get pregnant at a really healthy weight by Christmas :)

***oh and hopefully to find some decent egg nog out here in Mexico because its just not xmas without egg nog!

(I'm from Arizona originally, been in Mexico for 3 years)
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    My goal I set earlier this week was to hit 'Onederland' by New Year's. So, 22 lbs in 13 weeks.

I've not been adhering to a completely clean diet the last month, and not getting all my cardio - so I have been bouncing with two pounds. This week I am back 100% committed, and the scale is moving the right direction again!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Good luck everyone on meeting your goals. Let's not fall victim to the holiday bulge!

So, I'm thinking to myself... if it isn't healthy for you, why make it for other people? Maybe just find some new "delicious yummies" to make that are healthier since everyone is going to eat them anyway. And I don't mean avoiding fats and adding artificial sweeteners; key word "healthy". I have a child so I understand how we get into the frame of mind of making treats for them (then eating them ourselves) but since I want her to be healthy too, I feed her what I eat for the most part.

My goal for Christmas is just to keep doing what I'm doing. I have no way to know how many pounds I will lose, so I will just be content with wherever I end up at. And just keep right on going after Christmas.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    I was thinking that I would join a gym if I lost all my weight by Christmas, but I'm thinking that may be a bad idea with the influx of New Years resolution people.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    By Christmas, I'd like to be at my goal body fat percentage -- only 2.5% left!

Best of luck, everyone :)