Digital Scale VS Analog Scale

Options
I am thinking about getting an analog scale and using that as opposed to the digital scale I currently have. My doctor uses an analog scale and it isn't much different than my digital scale at home. What are your thoughts on this? Pros and Cons to either scale....

Replies

• mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think the digital scales are fine. Is there something specific that you are trying to calculate? Last year we purchased a EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale. It measures Weight, Body Fat %, Total Body Water %, Muscle Mass % and Bone Mass. http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1348851565&sr=1-5&keywords=bathroom+scale

Weight is just a number. If you are trying to measure other forms of weightloss progress I think taking your measurements is important. Myfitnesspal only records three measurements so I paid 99 cents for the "iFitness Pro" app so I can track all of my measurements. It also lets you take photos so you can track your success through photos, weight, and measurements.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal tracks tons of measurements on the website. I keep track of at least 10 and didn't have to pay anything.
  • mckinney_tr
    mckinney_tr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did see where you can add measurement readings to MFP. I am just not really sure how to do tummy and chest measurements...I don't reckon it really matters as long as I measure the same way each time...lol
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Exactly so!
  • levstein
    Options
    I use a body analyser scale. It measures weight, body fat % and water %. I find it useful to know for instance that my % of water weight has increased over the weeks and my fat % decreases each week. People guess they are retaining water at certain times after eating salty foods for instance or TOM for women. This takes the guess work out of it. It was the same price as a digital scale in Argos.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I prefer digital because it seems more accurate and precise to me. But you may find you prefer analog. It's all up to you.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am switching to an analog scale for one simple fact.... it is easy to calibrate!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    why spend money for yet another scale? wait till the digital breaks or you throw it out the window some morning when you gain 2 pounds.

if you must part with your money, you should donate it to the humane society.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think it ain't dat seereeus. As long as whatever you have is consistent in its measuring, it should be fine. A scale is but one tool of many for measuring progress anyway.