At what speed do you walk/run on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    really out of shape right now so 2.2-2.5mph with incline 3
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    17 months ago I started walking at 2.8 for 15 min (it was all I could manage back then ) I slowly increased time, duration, and then incline,day by day week by week. I started running 9 months ago. Today I run 6-7 miles nonstop averaging 6 MPH. Fastest was 7.2 for short bursts and walk @ 4.0 as a cool down for 5 min. After the treadmill I work out in the pool for an hour. Total burn according to calcs is 700 treadmill and 250 for pool
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    4-12 MPH. I prefer to run outside, but the TM is good for learning to pace yourself on long runs.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    On the what?! Ew. Never.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    No incline, walk at 4.0mph, jog 5.5mph, run 6.3mph and use 7.8mph for intervals (gradually increasing to 8.0mph)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I despise the treadmill but when I use it I run at 6.5 or 7.0. I find I run faster on regular ground
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What's a treadmill?

It's your first line of defense in the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie-treadmil-defense1.jpg

HAHA
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    First time on a treadmill in YEARS this past week... I walked at 3.5 mph for about 5 minutes then ran (okay I know I'm slow!) for a mile at 5 mph, then walked at 4.0 for another 10 minutes, then did a 2 min 3.0 cool down. Then got off the treadmill and walked around campus for another 10-15 minutes before I got to class. I'm sure all my classmates loved my stinky-ness! I was dripping when I finally got to class!
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The fastest I can walk on the treadmill is 3.5 with a 2 to 4 incline.. The thought of walking 4.0 at the place I am sounds to hard.. I am not there yet.. But that is ok with me...
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i do a 10% incline @ 11kph or 6.8mph. 40 secs run 20 secs rest for 30 mins.

it just seems to be a workout that i enjoy. it's challenging, and i don't seem to get bored because im not running for more than 40 seconds at a time.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    am I the only one with a manual? I can only go about 2.5 mph and maybe 15 minutes..it's at a 5% incline all the time so no break for me. Really bugs me cuz I can walk outside including some hills at almost 4mph for 1 hour so this midwest winter is going to kill me when I can't get out and really walk. I wish I would have saved my money for a motorized one.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I just started doing 2 min @ 4mph then 1 min @ 7mph for 30 minutes or so. Before this I found treadmill boring as f@ck. Now I really enjoy it.
  • dominique2118
    Options
    I started at a 4.0. Trying to build myself up. I can do 4.5 now, and sometimes a 5.0. It's good to read everyone's comments - the incline kills me. I rarely go over a 3. Sometimes if I get tired, a 1. I suck. But hey - running is running, and we're being active, right? It's also therapy for me :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i do what ever the person next to me is doing, +1.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Walk between 4.0 and 4.3 with 1.0 incline
    Run 4.3 to 5.5 with 1.0 incline...one day i'll speed it up without dying
  • Culley34
    Options
    Warm up on 6.5. Run between 7.2-8.5, depending on length & intensity.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I prefer outside running but when I have to use the treadmill I run at 6.5
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Speed of 3.5 and incline of 2 but I just got my treadmill I'm sure it will go up once I get more use to it.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I walk (no running - bad knees) at 3.6-3.8mph. I like to kick the incline all the way to 15% for the first 15 minutes, but will admit that I have to hold on when I do that. When I knock it down to 8-10% I can walk at that speed without needing to hold on.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I walk at 4.7 mph. I run at 8.4 mph. I do a 1/4 mile walking, then 1/4 mile running, etc until 3 miles. Takes about 35 minutes.