Replies

• Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No more Weasleys? Say it isn't so.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure about that article. Genetics aren't always that predictable. Just because a trait is recessive doesn't mean it will disappear from the gene-pool or necessarily be covered by the dominant gene. There are a lot of really common recessive genes (like the widow's peak hairline) and there's also codominance, polygenics etc. It's far more complicated than the punnet squares we all played with in seventh grade.

Ya, this myth has been around for years. It's been debunked. Redheads will live on.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same but where I am there are more and more being born. I was the only redhead/ginger in my whole school (that wasn't fun!) but thats not the case any more.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The world will stop and explode without us. So seek out gingers and procreate!! It's to save humanity!!
  • beefoutz
    beefoutz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    go gingers
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My fiance's father is a redhead - so I hope between my genes and half of my future husband's genes we'll establish at least one ginger to continue the race!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Beautiful... And Nicole Kidman isn't bad either.. Actually shes one of my favorites. :smile:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Too bad I don't plan on reproducing!
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love me some ginger....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not a natural ginger, but when I add color to my hair, red is always my choice! :drinker:
  • MommyLoo
    MommyLoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old ginger! He has the most beautful auburn hair like his father. I've always been drawn to red heads!!! Hot hot hot!
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Granddaughter of two natural red headed Irish grandmothers, natural red head myself and mother to one red headed son (4 brunette sons, only one ginger!)

I like being part of a rare breed.

Hip, Hip Hooray for natural gingers! :)
  • genefabes
    Options
    that ginger on homeland is pretty hot...but that's all I have to say about this.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Tell them to mate! Red heads with red heads only!

Ya know strangely I have always been attracted to ginger boys. But my husband ended up being brown headed. I love being a natural ginger. There are a lot of fake gingers where i live. You know the girls that you know are brown and then the next week are like a bright carrot orange. So I think to my self , girl you can't get this color out of a bottle, so don't even try. lol !
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I love me some gingers!
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bumping ;-)
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm part Ginger, but my blonde mother gave me her hair... and then it turned a gross shade of mop-water gray as soon as I hit puberty. Nowadays, I dye my hair red, and everyone thinks it's my natural color (just like blonde-born Christina Hendricks)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I think my genes killed it from progressing in my ex-wife's family. Sorry.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    The world will stop and explode without us. So seek out gingers and procreate!! It's to save humanity!!

I would say I'm in, but I'm pretty sure my genes will override and produce another boring brown haired brown eyed offspring like me ;)
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    pCdJM.jpg
    I like how the one dude stands out in the crowd of women with a stupid grin on his face.