The many mysteries I guess I'll never understand...

Options

Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i jog in only tighty whities and crocs nothing else on
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Question 1
    Why do girls put make up on to go exercising? I go out running with a face full of make up and come home looking like a drag queen.

Question 2
    How on earth can girls (and guys I suppose) wear thongs (g-strings) while running? It'd be like running with dental floss between your cheeks.

Also, jogging in Crocs? Really?

Please help me understand!!

No idea about the makeup cause I do not go there and as far as thongs go who knows. All my friends think I am a weirdo cause I don't wear panties/thongs/bikinis/boyshorts/grandma panties or anything else known as under ware unless it is lingerie :blushing:
  • rmf626
    Options
    If I'm already wearing makeup and I head to the gym, I won't wash it off. But no, I never put on makeup specifically to work out. That's stupid.

I never wear thongs. I just don't like them, and panty lines aren't going to ruin my life. My hanes are comfy while running TYVM.

Crocs are disgusting and should never been worn, but especially not while exercising.

Exactly this^^ (I left out the part about hardly ever wearing makeup. I do wear make-up pretty much daily during the work week, but if I go to the gym first thing in the morning...make-up doesn't go with me. I exercise at lunch a lot, and I don't have time to take makeup off beforehand.)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Question 1
    Why do girls put make up on to go exercising? I go out running with a face full of make up and come home looking like a drag queen.

Most of the time it's because we go to the gym straight after work. There are a few ladies who get all dolled up and glitzed out, and it's because they are probably scouting for man-meat. Nothing wrong with that either. Get it, girl.
    Question 2
    How on earth can girls (and guys I suppose) wear thongs (g-strings) while running? It'd be like running with dental floss between your cheeks.

What is this 'underwear' thing you speak of?

Also, jogging in Crocs? Really?

Who does this?? They are not human, but aliens trying and failing to blend in to society while monitoring us. They must be dealt with appropriately.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1) Make-up ONLY if I'm hitting the gym from the work. I'm too lazy to take it off first, lol.

2) I don't own anything but thongs, and I run just fine :)

3) I've never understood Crocs...but to each his own :)
    I really love your tutu.

Thanks! It's from my 30th bday - I rented out a skating rink. Stellar night. Stellar picture :)
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    #1 - What's it to you?

#2 - What's it to you?

lol
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    If I squint real hard I can see Jerry Seinfeld doing an Ovaltine bit.
  • Thinsposa
    Thinsposa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    #1 - What's it to you?

#2 - What's it to you?

Just wondering love... No need to be snarky.
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym so I don't scare the clientele. However, if I didn't I bet people would run a lot faster. Could be a benefit for them.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i always wear thongs. "briefs" ride up and get caught...you may as well already have something snugly "caught" in there :) besides, i find it more comfy.

NO makeup or crocs here though!
  • Han987
    Options
    I'm normally at the gym with make up but that's because I go straight there from University, As for the running thing I could imagine how uncomfortable that would be. I won't be trying it.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I always wear foundation, powder, and mascara, regardless of what I am doing-my face has a lot of scars from teenage acne, and without mascara I look half asleep.

Thongs-Just something you have to be used to I guess. I have never had an issue unless my sizing was off.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    hilarious thread. lol
  • juiletflt
    Options
    I do wear makeup to work out. I have never seemed to sweat much in my face... I sweat pleanty in other areas. So, I have never had a problem with my makeup looking bad after a workout. I like to wear it because I feel better and I seem to work harder when I feel my best. Which is why I also wear outfits that I feel like I look good in. Not to impress other people, but to feel my best to motivate myself.

As for the thongs, no matter what I wear seems to ride up, so it might as well be less material than more.

Then there are Crocs. I have to admin that I do occationally wear crocs, but in my defence, they are made in Boulder and when I was going to college at CU they were this novel thing that everyone thought was soooo cool. I think Croc sponsored the CU sports teams so all of the athletes had them. I am usually a 3-4 inch heel girl, but I do bring the crocs out occationally to do yard work, etc. However, I have NEVER worn them jogging. Talking about an injury waiting to happen!

Great questions. It' nice to hear other people insights as to why they do what they do.
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What are underwear?!! ;-)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Question 1

This.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1) Make-up ONLY if I'm hitting the gym from the work. I'm too lazy to take it off first, lol.

Ditto!!!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, collect makeup "collectibles", but I don't wear makeup to workout unless I've been wearing it all day. But then again I don't go to the gym, I workout in a treadmill at home.

Thongs - looks and feels wrong on me, not my thing. I'm a "boyshort" undies kind of girl.

Crocs? I can see people trying to jog in that and falling to their face. Who in the world would do that?
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

^^Ditto^^
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i jog in only tighty whities and crocs nothing else on

*PMSL* Photos (or a video), or it didn't happen >:-)