weightloss: Is this a healthy meal or is it too much?

Options
This has become my new favourite meal and i was wondering if it is too fattening? It is a small yam, baked zuccini, tofu, squash, mushrooms and green pepper.

It always really feels me up but I'm thinking it could be doing me more harm than good weight-wise.

http://postimage.org/image/taxsqi2dr/

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me!! YUmmm
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    yummy.....definitely good
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    How could it do more harm than good?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    How could it do more harm than good?
    was wondering the same thing.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    what's the calorie count? I can't imagine it is all that much.

?
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you're in a calorie surplus, then it's fattening; if you're in a calorie deficit, then it's not. Really it's not any one meal that is fattening or not. It's your energy balance.
  • Debbatron
    Options
    Hi Starla!

From what I can see, your meal is almost completely starch and fiber; I cannot identify which pieces are the tofu. While it has many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, make sure that you are getting enough protein and fats in your diet as well! :)

Perhaps you could half the yam, and use the 'saved' calories to drizzle your veggies with a little bit of olive oil.

Of course, I am not a doctor, and if you are truly concerned about your diet I recommend speaking with a professional nutritionist.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you're that worried or interested and do not have the total macro info for this dish, use the recipe builder and make sure you enter every single ingredient, oil used to prepare, toppings if any, butter etc. and you'll get a good idea of just how "good" or "bad" the dish really is. I have to agree, it looks delicious! I'm not a fan of tofu and I really don't have any clue what the calorie or fat content of it is but it seems that this dish is most likely high in carbs. If it is, it is not something I personally would choose to eat often and when I did I would prepare it as a lunch meal so that I had plenty of time to digest and/or use those carbs for my workout. I'm not too worried about veggie carbs but potato, rice and pasta carbs scare me so I rarely eat them. By "scare" me, I mean that once I start in on those types of carbs I usually go way overboard because I lack self control :laugh: