Texas Roadhouse

Options
I am going to texas roadhouse tomorrow night for dinner with some friends, one who is moving which is why we are going out. I have been there before and do not have the rolls or butter but it seems all their meals (even salads) have tons of calories. Does anybody have any suggestions of a "healthy" meal I could get there?

Replies

• Culley34
    Options
    Sirloin and vegetables. Avoid the rice, mashed potatoes etc...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Is the menu online? If you can share a link, perhaps someone can help.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Get the 6oz sirloin! It's awesome, full of protein, and it doesn't "break the bank" so to speak. Couple it with a salad and the steamed veggies, you'll be so full!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have the chicken breast , steamed veggies and salad with dressing on the side. nO bun or butter.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    steak, sweet potato without butter, garden salad dressing on the side
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'd say maybe a 6 oz steak, veggies or eat half a baked potato, salad with dressing of your choice on the side and have half of a roll and the cinammon butter. Cut some 200 calories the day before and the day after so you can really enjoy yourself if you want to. Maybe an extra 15 minutes working out will give you 100 more calories that day too. All about moderation and non-deprivation
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Um, how about the petit filet and broccoli? Or maybe plain sweet potato? That's what I eat at places like that. Could not be easier.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The BBQ chicken breast is 512 cals. Couple that with the steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots right now), and a side salad with dressing on the side and it's a reasonable dinner amount. We were just there.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love their sirloin kabobs. They're heavenly. With the rice. Yum. And a salad with lots of ranch. Mmmmm and....wait, what was the question again?
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    They offer a vegetarian platter where you can pick a few of the sides as a meal. Their garden salad can be really healthy if you omit the cheese and eggs and I actually bring my own dressing ( I know it can be embarrassing but at least you know what is in it). They also have a chili not sure about it but my father who is type 1 diabetic gets it as a side and it doesn't affect his blood sugar just do not get the bacon and cheese topper. Then finish it off with veggies they do offer a steam veggie that is broccoli and carrots they do not add any butter or salt to it. I usually go that route when I go my son loves that restaurant and usually chooses it as his birthday dinner. Although I still have one roll with butter I just love them gotta have one. Hope it helps and have fun.
  • mvatrail
    Options
    Order a big glass of water - 12 oz. and do not eat anything till that h20 is done.

Lean steak, potato, ( no butter ) and veggies.

Keep drinking that second glass of water through the meal.
  • TrinityTrinityTrinity
    Options
    Whenever I've been I haven't been dieting, but I know they have a Veggie Platter. Get no butter or oil.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would second the idea about the petite filet and broccoli - you can ask how they cook it. If I remember correctly, I've been able to get the veggies without butter or oil. And they have the yummiest steak! You can also ask what they cook that in if you want to make it healthier. You can also opt for a garden salad on the side or a sweet potato (just don't get the potato loaded).
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    salad, dressing on the side, skip the croutons, 6 oz sirloin (only have half), veggies, ask for no butter on veggies, half a plain sweet potato. Kabobs are very yummy, skip the rice and ask for veggies.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I tried to gather nutritional info from Texas Roadhouse once. They told me that they do not offer it because their portion sizes vary per plate. I asked for estimates and they flatly said no.

I agree with the water, lean meats and veggies. Hope you have a great time.
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    So I decided to treat myself to half a roll with no butter because I knew I had the calories for it. But now I'm not sure about the calories. On here it's written Roll = 227 calories. But then elsewhere it's written Roll + Butter = 227 calories. I would love to save a good chunk of calories, but of course I have no idea what's accurate! so unless someone on here knows better, I"ll assume my plain roll was 227 calories (ugh - thank goodness I had only half)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    * drool! * Now my mouth is watering!

original.jpg?1329508288
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    When I go to Texas Roadhouse, I just enjoy. The food there is just too good!