Hello All - Looking to be half the man I used to be.

Options
Wow, what a great site. Looking forward to making friends and loosing myself (well half of myself anyway)

Replies

• VRamos81
    Options
    Hello and congrats to you on ur current and future goal. I have only been on here for a short while and Im loving this site so much!
    Hope you enjoy ur stay! And keep us posted on ur journey!

Woohooo :happy:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    welocme!!
    Heres to looking at half of you! good luck and keep us posted!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    LOL, that made me think of the song! Welcome to you and well wishes on your weight loss journey! You can do this!
  • juneybabes
    Options
    well done you ,,,youve already taken the biggest step to decide to do something ,,,not that im saying its easy ..god only knows its not .......but now we have this new wonderful site to help ....with the down days and with the good days ,just think about all the wonderful stuff youll be able to do with ever 5ib you lose .....life can only get better ,,,,so heres to the future yours and mine !!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is an amazing site!! Good luck on your goals!!! :drinker:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Good luck on your journey - and it is fun to lose that siamese twin... you can do it! :bigsmile:
  • apldumplin
    apldumplin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    COngrats on making the commitment to changing your life! You can do it :o) There is a lot of encouraging people here,too. I Look forward to reading about your accomplishments!!
  • czar1978
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you. This is not only a great site, it's also a great community! We're all in this together and support one another as best as possible. :smile:
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    hahaha...that title was cute! You can do it! Good luck and this site is a great start:)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose half? Friendly advice,,, make it the fat half. Hehehe...

Welcome aboard. This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost about 125 pounds between us, and we're in much better shape.

Piece of cake, you can do it.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! My best advice for you these first few weeks.....focus on one day at a time and break up your big goal into to small goals. Mine are 20 pound increments. It is easier to focus on 20 pounds at a time instead of the whole big pictrure. That way the next step doesn't seem so far away. It has been working really well for me.....

And if you happen to have an off day remember there is always tomorrow!!!